Dan Aykroyd Thinks Female Ghostbusters Are "Magnificent"

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
As a huge Ghostbusters fan, I'm completely fine with this. I worry more about them getting the writing correct and less about a cast of all women. I don't know why Dan Aykroyd would have an issue with this, I just feel like it's the studio trying to make up for the fact that all the nostalgia gripped masses are whining about the cast.

I would love to see a new movie with the original cast, but we all know that isn't happening. I want to return to the world of Ghostbusters, I want the music and feeling that the original had. I want the excitement captured and I want proton packs fully charged and powered up. I don't care who wears them so long as their dialog is snappy and the characters are ridiculous.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
Megalodon said:
Pete Oddly said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if this movie was an expectation blaster of Guardians of the Galaxy proportions?
How did that film break expectations? While I have yet to see it, the impression I got pre-release tended to be 'this is a bit unusual, but Marvel haven't made a misstep yet', which became 'Marvel have done it again, the film's pretty damn good'. That kinda sounds like Guardians met fan's expectations quite well.
The impression I got pre-release from conversations and a few critics' musings was that the risk of using such relatively obscure source material might not pay off. However; it didn't only pay off, but paid off in spades. The movie can arguably be considered the best Marvel movie yet.

Apr 5, 2008
I shall wait for critical or anecdotal consensus before watching it. I'm not so keen on a reboot, not a fan of them in general. Will see what's said about it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Thing is the main thing of this movie is "WOW all female ghostbusters" and thats it. Makes me worry about the script and if its going to be woman focused. I joked that the woman will end up as the wives of the original ghostbusters. Except the men got lazy and the wives go out and bust ghosts because they are woman and they can do what men can do but better. I have a feeling the script will be like this.