Dare You Take Our Uber Pokemon Champion Quiz?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Dare You Take Our Uber Pokemon Champion Quiz?

Are you the very best - like no one ever was? You better be, if you want to stand a shot at this quiz.

Hey everybody, Funk here again. Susan was hit by an Ice Beam and was Frozen Solid - why do those things always seem to happen to her when I'm around? - and while we're waiting for her to thaw out, I decided I'd honor the release of Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver with a Pokemon quiz!

Wait, what's that you say? "But John, you guys already had a pair of quizzes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/26] back in September!" Yes, that's true - we certainly did. But those quizzes were not like this quiz. You see, those quizzes were... Junior League. We pulled our punches. Dare I say it - they were easy.

Not this time.

This is our Pokemon Champion Difficulty quiz. This quiz will hit you like a Hyper Beam, a Solar Beam, and an Explosion: all at the same time. Dabbling trainers might be able to answer one or two - more if they're lucky - but if you want to complete this? Kid, you better be an honest-to-Arceus Pokemon Master.

To make it worse, we've decided to impose a limit: We won't be telling you which questions you got wrong. But to sweeten the deal, we're throwing in a special badge for the elite few who will be able to manage a perfect score of 100%. You can take as long as you like, and try as many times as you like, but your time will be reflected on the leaderboards.

So how about it, would-be Pokemon Champion? Do you want to take your shot for glory in this nastiest of quizzes? Do you think you have what it takes?

Then go ahead, and good luck: You'll need it. Take the Pokemon Champion quiz here, if you dare! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/66]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Awww...it hasn't started.

Here I was...Ready to ace it!

Single player? Know it all.

EVs, IVs, special walls, physical tanks, sweepers, and possible movesets? I was READY.

The anime...not so much.

Pokemon. It's deep fucking shit. Possibly the deepest game ever, actually.

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
oh my that music has just evoked some strong emotions from about 10 years ago of literally having my face glued to be Gameboy Color fighting epic pokemon battles

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
oh and
"How To Take The Quiz

This quiz hasn't started yet! The quiz will go live on 15 Mar 2010 10:00 pm, so please check back then!"

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Please tell me that mudkip badge is the reward!
Though I'm wondering if I have any chance at acing the quiz since I stopped watching pokemon in the 6th grade (1st season).

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I will ace this!

I have to. Or else I'm a failure to myself.

Also, I will be playing the Champions music clip while I'm answering!

JoJo Bizzaro 7

Mar 7, 2010
Oh, I gonna study for this like I study for Physics!
(which would be not studying, watching old movies all day, and then writing B for every answer)

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I was excited until I saw that the questions are not only about Red/Blue/Yellow or Silver/Gold...so I'm out.
Man, fuck those new Pokémon games, first two generations FTW!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I didn't understand what you meant by "lose a type weakness." Did you mean vulnerable to them? Because if you did then that question has several answers that could be used.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
oppp7 said:
I didn't understand what you meant by "lose a type weakness." Did you mean vulnerable to them? Because if you did then that question has several answers that could be used.
'

Pokemon type X was vulnerable to Type Y in (Generation A). Pokemon type X was no longer vulnerable to type Y in (Generation B).

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I read the questions, i backed the fuck out of the quiz. I dont know shit on any pokemon other that the orginal (And best) Generation.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Quiz is live now, guys. Good luck. You are so gonna need it.
You weren't kidding.

30 mins, and 30 tries. The type one kept screwing me up, since its technically two types that lost a weakness, if the two charts I pulled up are to be believed.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Quiz is live now, guys. Good luck. You are so gonna need it.
You weren't kidding.

30 mins, and 30 tries. The type one kept screwing me up, since its technically two types that lost a weakness, if the two charts I pulled up are to be believed.
PM me what the other one was.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
Why do I get the feeling my 30% was more of a statistical "gimme" than a result of any real knowledge on my part? :/