Dare You Take Our Uber Pokemon Champion Quiz?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
20%...Oh, god I am bad lol

Although not seen it in years so...heh

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
God damnit, you were telling the truth, Funk. This is hard!

I have no hair left on my scalp. Still trying to get that freakin' last question!

EDIT:
There! Finally!

My, how I tweaked my noggin' to figure out the long text questions, insanely clever and logical as they were.

Now I shall relax with something not so complex. My head hurts. Literally.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Stuck on 70%. This is getting annoying.

Especially since two of the questions seem to give incorrect response even though you give the only possible anwser.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Paragon Fury said:
Stuck on 70%. This is getting annoying.

Especially since two of the questions seem to give incorrect response even though you give the only possible anwser.
PM me the questions and the answer you're trying to give.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
woohoo! 3rd! with a time of 08:43!

i guess getting 80% on my first try means i didnt pointlessly play pokemon last year then.

Funnily enough, the question i screwed up on was the one on Rest. -.- I kept thinking my speed one was wrong. What were the chances of me guessing the answer to that right on my first try, eh?

havass

Dec 15, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
John Funk's at the top of the leaderboard. Isn't that... cheating?
naw. it's called testing the quiz.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Gah. Stuck on 90%. WHAT ONE AM I GETTING WRONG?!

Also, I think one of the scenario questions creates a Move Set that none of the possible Pokemon can learn. And Normal type moves don't get STABs...

EDIT: Got it. Finally. And I think the question I kept getting wrong has the wrong answer listed.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Heart of Darkness said:

Also, I think one of the scenario questions creates a Move Set that none of the possible Pokemon can learn. And Normal type moves don't get STABs...

EDIT: Got it. Finally. And I think the question I kept getting wrong has the wrong answer listed.
Normal type *does* get STAB. And if you think there's a wrong answer, PM me. All of these have been extensively checked ;)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
havass said:
MurderousToaster said:
naw. it's called testing the quiz.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.
Yep, that's exactly it. We will frequently run through the quiz just to make sure it's working as expected, and naturally we tend to score really well, since we write the darn things.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
John Funk said:
Heart of Darkness said:

Normal type *does* get STAB. And if you think there's a wrong answer, PM me. All of these have been extensively checked ;)
Huh. Since when do Normal-types get the STAB? And PM is being sent.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Abedeus said:
10%.

So not going to care about Pokemon after the 2nd generation.
Distorted Stu said:
I read the questions, i backed the fuck out of the quiz. I dont know shit on any pokemon other that the orginal (And best) Generation.
Bloodstain said:
I was excited until I saw that the questions are not only about Red/Blue/Yellow or Silver/Gold...so I'm out.
Man, fuck those new Pokémon games, first two generations FTW!
Stop living in the past.

The new pokemon themselves have lame designs, but the gameplay has been tweaked to PERFECTION.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
MurderousToaster said:
Funk used to work as a Pokémon Master at the Nintendo store. He'd be at the top of the list regardless. :p

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Well, I was humbled.
...that seems kinda sad to admit, doesn't it?
I got 4 correct.
And I'm going to leave my ego to heal a bit while I try to forget the trivia stomping I just got.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
50% first time then 60% the second time. This is going to take a while. I think I will try again later. This really is very hard.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
50%, and I've only played the first three generations of games. Wow, those "Which Species" question are really well thought-out.