Dare You Take Our Uber Pokemon Champion Quiz?

Rodger

Jan 27, 2009
Damn. That was a bit hard. Took me over 2 minutes. I blame having to actually read the questions.

Still don't actually have Hg/Ss, my pre-orders tend to be slow coming. Not that it actually bothers me any. I'm more interested in seeing what the 5th gen has in store more than playing a remake anyway. The near lack of information aside from a pair of pokemon leaves me yearning for more...

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
40% from random clicking, lucks doing ok but who are some of these pokemon? I'm lost after gen 1

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Meh, I haven't played pokemon games since the second generation AND I don't know the English names. I got 0%.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I answered my first 5 (due to being random) without having to bring up some help. Lost track after that, might have answered another one or two without help.
Made a mistake with my knowledge of move's types though, so had to do it again without knowing which single question I got wrong!
Heart of Darkness said:
Huh. Since when do Normal-types get the STAB? And PM is being sent.
Since ever, it has been incorrectly stated in some official strategy guides however, and I thought Normal didn't get STAB until I was corrected by the internet. (I also thought STAB got spilt 50/50 if the pokemon was dual-typed, that came from an official guide too, they really didn't do their research for some things it seems).

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I rule. I got a grand total of 0 correct answers. Even random guessing has a better chance than i.

TheMonkeySlayer

Mar 7, 2009
Got it on my first try, but I "cheated" quite a lot.
I would have had less then half of them without the Internet to help me out.
But hey, I now have a Mudkip under my avatar. x)

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Im stuck at 90% after eight tries, not sure which one i'm getting wrong.

ScarletScapegrace

Oct 4, 2009
Got 80% on first try. Did "massive research" then finally aced it in 20 minutes on the second try.

I must say that was a deliciously difficult quiz there. Had to scratch my head a little on the "which pokemon type," but I prevailed!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Abedeus said:
10%.

So not going to care about Pokemon after the 2nd generation.
Distorted Stu said:
I read the questions, i backed the fuck out of the quiz. I dont know shit on any pokemon other that the orginal (And best) Generation.
Bloodstain said:
I was excited until I saw that the questions are not only about Red/Blue/Yellow or Silver/Gold...so I'm out.
Man, fuck those new Pokémon games, first two generations FTW!
Stop living in the past.

The new pokemon themselves have lame designs, but the gameplay has been tweaked to PERFECTION.
I'm not going to learn 200 more Pokemon just to enjoy better gameplay.

...Maybe when Soul Silver comes out where I live.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
30%

You kids and your new-fangled Pokemon! Back in my day we only had 150, and hardly anyone could catch them all without a cheat device. You youngsters have it easy with this "wi-fi connection". In the old days, we had to actually know someone with a different version of the game, and we had to use a cord. That's right, A CORD!

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
There's no way I can solve this, I haven't played any of these since Red and Blue, am I allowed to look up the answers at all or is that cheating?

Oh yeah, I got 1/10 for my first time around.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
You youngsters have it easy with this "wi-fi connection". In the old days, we had to actually know someone with a different version of the game, and we had to use a cord. That's right, A CORD!
The cables were annoying though, and even though I had one for each system no-one I knew played the games.
Plus Wi-Fi allows people to avoid being embarrassed by using them in public places for multiplayer functions, like the odd person I now know who plays does (at least a bit, I personally don't care).

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
(Very bad double-posting and accidental deletion of post during editing going on here, sorry!)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Embedding the video in the original post made me remember how badass Cynthia's theme is.

Definitely the coolest Champion, IMO.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Do I get a badge for scoring 10%, which is kind of a statistical improbability? I thought it quite impressive, really.

EDIT: Though now I see it wasn't as unusual as I would have thought. Never mind.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well I got 4/10... I guess that's not bad considering I haven't played pokemon since I was like 11. Also having only played through red, blue and gold once each.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
John Funk said:
Embedding the video in the original post made me remember how badass Cynthia's theme is.
Definitely the coolest Champion, IMO.
This is some awesome music, though Lance's is the one that has stuck in my head for all these years.
Now it gets something other than bleeps and is even better!
Plus, champions that have no type theme are always the best fights. The first time when you go in blind is great.

On the side note of awesome music, I still think Johto trainer battles is one of the best ones (though that might be just because it's simply good and not awesome but the one you hear the second most).