Dark Money in Politics: How a campaign in Florida might have cost the Democratic Incumbent his Senator's seat.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yes and stealing elections through rigged voting machines or corrupt vote counters also happens. Who was it that won with 99% of the vote, Sadam Hussein? Someone was literally trying to claim such a result was legitimate.

Still doesn't mean the million maga marchers have a point though. And when you try to make it seem like the insane russia hysteria has some validity you lend them that same credibility.

The issue here is that some people are using the possibility for something being possible as a fact of it being actual. And since you can't prove the negative that such a thing didn't happen because logic doesn't work like that, you get idiots in denial denying reality and coming up with dumb or insane excuses of varying degrees of idiocy.

The only way out is to call that kinda thing out when either side does it. To be consistent about doing that.
Except you don't have to rig voting machines in dictatorships. You don't even need machines, you just need to keep track of those that vote against you and make sure they are willing to see the error of their ways and make the right choice.

We got a bunch of indictments from the russian collusion. We just didn't get removal because there was no way republicans would have removed him even if we had video footage of trump calling Putan. So far with the "election fraud" they are like 1 for 30 or something like that. And the one they got was for maybe 30 post marked ballots somewhere.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Still doesn't mean the million maga marchers have a point though. And when you try to make it seem like the insane russia hysteria has some validity you lend them that same credibility.
Excuse me to butt in, but can you explain this idea?

About the Russia Hysteria part, I mean. What does Russia hysteria mean to you?

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Excuse me to butt in, but can you explain this idea?

About the Russia Hysteria part, I mean. What does Russia hysteria mean to you?

I explained it above, there's news stations that ignore all issues and just focus on russia as an excuse for why they lost in 2016 and they try to come up with insane conspiracy theories that have no evidence to them and is either conjecture or speculation so that they will not be forced to admit that they lost legitimately. When you have a segment about how russia could hack our heating in the winter and makes us freeze to death as a part of a general McCarthyism tendency pattern that goes back multiple years it's fair to say you've lost the plot.

Except you don't have to rig voting machines in dictatorships. You don't even need machines, you just need to keep track of those that vote against you and make sure they are willing to see the error of their ways and make the right choice.

We got a bunch of indictments from the russian collusion. We just didn't get removal because there was no way republicans would have removed him even if we had video footage of trump calling Putan. So far with the "election fraud" they are like 1 for 30 or something like that. And the one they got was for maybe 30 post marked ballots somewhere.

Yes and I'm sure there probably were some minor clerical or innocent errors in the election too which, similar to the minor corruption issues with random republicans (who were always prone to corruption) with russia which are just generic corruption and nothing uniquely devious, were just run of the mill things that always happen and didn't influence anything in the larger scheme of things one way or another.

You can't extrapolate a bigger issue from just this much. Doing that would require a ton more evidence that even the Mueller probe lacked. Just having people claim stuff is not enough, whether they're fbi people or republican vote counters.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yes and I'm sure there probably were some minor clerical or innocent errors in the election too which, similar to the minor corruption issues with random republicans (who were always prone to corruption) with russia which are just generic corruption and nothing uniquely devious, were just run of the mill things that always happen and didn't influence anything in the larger scheme of things one way or another.
What are you talking about?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I explained it above, there's news stations that ignore all issues and just focus on russia as an excuse for why they lost in 2016 and they try to come up with insane conspiracy theories that have no evidence to them and is either conjecture or speculation so that they will not be forced to admit that they lost legitimately. When you have a segment about how russia could hack our heating in the winter and makes us freeze to death as a part of a general McCarthyism tendency pattern that goes back multiple years it's fair to say you've lost the plot.
And this is why I needed an explanation. Because an excuse is different than a factor. Russian interference was a factor. Several Intelligence agencies under Trump came to the same conclusion.

But out of all the factors that made the Democrats lose, Russia and any ties to the election were the most reasonably actionable offenses. I will not suggest calling the FBI on Hillary Clinton for not establishing a proper presence to re-enforce the Blue Wall, which basically handed the election to Trump. I'm not going to comb the Constitution to find if it there's an amendment to cover our asses that allows Hillary to get a do-over because she kept pointing to her gender and said "Hey, women... I mean, come on! Am I right?!".

The president of the United States conspiring with a hostile foreign power is something out of a bad airport novel. And it just so happens to possibly have happened. I (and I believe many others) didn't much care that we get to use this as an excuse. I think we more cared that our President sold us out for power.

Last edited: