Dark Side of the Moon Played on a NES

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon Played on a NES

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon [http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Side-Moon-Pink-Floyd/dp/B000002U82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1278699846&sr=1-1] has been given the eight bit treatment, rendering it into a NES masterpiece.

Despite all we know about science and the way things work, there are still many questions we are yet to answer: Where did we come from, why are we here, and, possibly most importantly, what would Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon sound like if it had been played on a NES?

Fortunately, that last question has finally been answered, as game developer Brad Smith has remade one of the greatest rock albums of all time using only the NES's audio hardware. The above video is just one of six, and the rest can be found here [http://rainwarrior.thenoos.net/music/moon8.html].

Source: The Daily What [http://thedailywh.at/post/486813026/remix-of-the-day-have-you-ever-wondered-what]

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Giving it a listen. Time is pretty awesome. Very good job on the guy who made it.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Holy shit. Awesome.

Brain Damage is spot on. Sadly the transition to Eclipse is off haha. Nice effort.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
That was not easy on the ears. Also, is there a difference between general MIDIs and 8-bit? I've heard some really well done MIDIs of classic rock that blow this away.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
PayJ567 said:
That was fucking excellent. Top work good sir! Where ever you are.
Agreed! I loved it! Classic on Classic action!

Feb 13, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
That was not easy on the ears. Also, is there a difference between general MIDIs and 8-bit? I've heard some really well done MIDIs of classic rock that blow this away.
Huge difference. Most 8 bits have only 3 or 4 channels. Try some SIDs(8 bit C64) out, then upgrade to OGGs(Amiga 16 bit).

This is it done in 8bit rather than with NES software.
[youtube=4NSmjdmKhw8

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
This is great stuff. Its funny becuase I just downloaded a ton of chiptune music last night. If anybody wants to know where to find more of this stuff, PM me.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Douk said:
I was expecting that song from Mulan to play. I leave disappointed.

The words "Dark Side of the Moon" are in this song. Toward the end.

Never liked PF, never owned an NES. Not interested...Good job, though.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Douk said:
I was expecting that song from Mulan to play. I leave disappointed.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I get it, it is in the chorus of the Mulan song, yeah? I guess that makes sense.

[small]Did I just pull a sour patch kids commercial? I'm going with that theory, otherwise I'm bi-polar or something...[/small]

OT: That's pretty awesome. When is the LP coming out?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I haven't really had much experience with 8-bit games myself, but some of the sound effects from about 5:45 reminded me of the music in Yahtzee Chzo Mythos (Trilby) series. Anyways, currently downloading the whole 8-bit album. Looking forward to hearing the rest!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm listening to Brain Damage / Eclipse now. I think my soul just exploded from an overdose of retroawesome[sup]TM[/sup].

[small]"Retroawesome" is copyright The Rogue Wolf Enterprises, 2010. All rights reserved.[/small]

Commander Breetai said:
Off topic: Whoever is responsible for Youtube's new page layout needs to be punched in the face with a flaming bucket of dicks.
I think the planned next redesign involves stabbing viewers in the eyes with those flaming dicks, really. They just can't leave well enough alone.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
I'm listening to Brain Damage / Eclipse now. I think my soul just exploded from an overdose of retroawesome[sup]TM[/sup].

[small]"Retroawesome" is copyright The Rogue Wolf Enterprises, 2010. All rights reserved.[/small]

Commander Breetai said:
Off topic: Whoever is responsible for Youtube's new page layout needs to be punched in the face with a flaming bucket of dicks.
I think the planned next redesign involves stabbing viewers in the eyes with those flaming dicks, really. They just can't leave well enough alone.
Huh? Is Youtube working for any of you guys? I just tried to open it, and it won't work. I think the servers are down.

And The Great Gig in the Sky done as a chiptune is pure awesomeness.

EDIT: Whoops. Never mind. Whatever was wrong seems to be fixed now.

Also, I hope this guy does Wish You Were Here next. I'd love to hear Have a Cigar done as a Chiptune.