Dark Souls 2 Tomorrow! What's your build going to be?

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
I myself will be rolling sword and board just for the PvE durability while I learn the first few boss fights, then I'll likely see how good Dex/Int builds hold up for my PvE/PvP character.

It's been a while since I've actually been excited to play a game on day 1.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably sword+board with a good amount of strength, enough to one hand some of the bigger swords. I like to play it safe for the most part first time around, but I'll certainly expand once I get through it a few times.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Is tomorrow April 25th???

Oh wait, consoles release. God damn it :mad:

When I do finally get it, dual swords baby, I'm extremely interested in how that will play. Might throw some points into INT for sorceries too.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Quality build, Dual Katanas, and the Dragonslayer looking Guts sword as my big guns.
I'll definitely roll a faith build (with whatever the hell hexes are) for my 2nd playthrough.

Midnight release baby... lets do it.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Probably sword and board once I find a shield with 100 phys defense. Other than that? I don't think I'll do strength build until later. I'll probably mix a dex/faith hybrid. I'm still not sure how pyromancy is supposed to scale or what it scales with. The only magic I ever use is either pyromancy or faith.

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
Hopefully all the talk of "fixing" the Resistance stat doesn't mean they just tied Pyromancy scaling to it.

Definitely doing either a str or dex tank build first though, I'll play with sorcery when the time comes to melt face on speed runs. :p

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Probably some sort of heavy armor spear/greatshield user with a healthy dose of miracles.
You know; the correct way to play.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Dunno. I ran through DS1 with Havel's armor (including shield) and swapped between Gravelord's Sword and Dragon Greatsword.

It was fun and worked at first, but then on subsequent playthroughs, everything could basically one shot you despite how much armor you had on. So it kind of made me sad. Because I always like being a tank, but offense always outstrips defense and makes tank worthless while ranged DPS remains King (My most hated class).

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Drummodino said:
Is tomorrow April 25th???

Oh wait, consoles release. God damn it :mad:

When I do finally get it, dual swords baby, I'm extremely interested in how that will play. Might throw some points into INT for sorceries too.
Ah, that kinda bites. I was under the impression the PC version was March 25. Hopefully though this time will go towards making the PC version a bit shinier than the last PC release.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Dark Souls? I'm getting Titanfall lol.

OT: If I play it I'll probably go with the safest possible way. Whether that keeps me as far from enemies and damage as possible, or full on heavy armor to go in your face and tank-y as possible.. Truly, I preferred a sort of balance of tank and the ability to dodge enough so that I can avoid everything at all costs.

hazabaza1 said:
Probably sword+board
Ah, a fellow blue sword user?

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
It'll probably end up the same way my characters in demon's souls and dark souls did, start out with a highly agile character and then spec them to be able to wield the first big "fuck off" sword that I find, and later him evolving into a jack of all trades character with no real defining class.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
Intel i7, GeForce GTX 680, 16GB RAM, it's about a year old but this build still works well for me...

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I'd like to check out dual wielding, probably have a spear in my left or something, but the main idea is a stength build with a ton of that thing that lets you swing faster and move faster and whatnot without particular regard to health (RTSR if possible). But I'll be making multiple characters to explore all the combinations, never you mind. Hoping strength int fares better this time.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Beefcake deluxe with a massive sword, most likely a zwiehander and a shield for block.

Armour is optional.

FancyNick

Mar 4, 2013
Big sword and medium shield. High faith and strength build. It's usually how my games end up. I hope there are some cool miracles in the game

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Will wait for the PC release, as painful as it is.
All I know, I will roll Deprived and will not take the silly "early access weapons". Mage probably?