Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel DLC Officially Confirmed for October with New Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel DLC Officially Confirmed for October with New Trailer

The Dark Souls 3 DLC that was leaked yesterday has now been officially announced.

Yesterday, the official PlayStation Twitter accidentally leaked the news of the first Dark Souls 3 DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168234-First-Dark-Souls-3-DLC-is-Titled-Ashes-of-Ariandel-Coming-in-October], and today, From Software has confirmed the news.

Titled Ashes of Ariandel, the new DLC is sending players to find a "terrible secret that lies within an unnamed frozen land." It will include new enemies to fight, new weapons and armor to wield, and new magic. It will also feature new challenges, an extension to the base game's storyline, and the new PvP multiplayer map "Immortal Competition."

Ashes of Ariandel will be available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 25 for $14.99. Alternatively, you can grab the Season Pass for $24.99, which will get you both this DLC and the second DLC, which is currently expected in early 2017.

[gallery=6431]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
They always nail the truly epic and almost terrifying music. But it only seems fully effective mixed with the game instead of listened in isolation. People just seem to back away from my vicinity when I play them at full volume. Le sigh.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Hey cool beans! I'm not gonna jump on it immediately though. I enjoyed DS3 but it didn't really get hooks into me like the first game. I didn't feel compelled to play through it again, but FROM seems to knock it out of the park with their DLC.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Are we coming for you, Velka? That hooded lady/statue at the beginning looks like it could be her, and then there's the mention of "show MY LADY flame", and that boss lady looked like she was covered in crow feathers, which is often associated with Velka. Do we finally get to get the story behind one of Dark Souls' most important, and yet mysterious, gods?

Whatever the case may be, I am ready. Bring it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sniper Team 4 said:
Are we coming for you, Velka? That hooded lady/statue at the beginning looks like it could be her, and then there's the mention of "show MY LADY flame", and that boss lady looked like she was covered in crow feathers, which is often associated with Velka. Do we finally get to get the story behind one of Dark Souls' most important, and yet mysterious, gods?

I didn't even think of Velka! Could be her fo sho!

Also, why did the trailer show OG bosses in it?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Fappy said:
Also, why did the trailer show OG bosses in it?
Probably because we have to defeat all of them first. Like with all FromSoft DLC, it's recommended to enter them just before the final area, if not after. No idea what's going on in this screenshot but:
Maybe the final area branches into the DLC after you defeat the boss, because that looks like PVP is going on in the boss area.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Sold. Tonally, some of this actually gave me a Witcher 3 vibe which is a very good thing.

I can't decide which boss looks the most exciting to fight.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. People chatting about lore like to talk about Velka, yet if she's involved in anything, it's behind the scenes. Speaking of which, did anyone look at castle and go "Omg is that the Painted World?" Another place implied to have connections to Velka.

*sits in her hype corner*

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Raggedstar said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. People chatting about lore like to talk about Velka, yet if she's involved in anything, it's behind the scenes. Speaking of which, did anyone look at castle and go "Omg is that the Painted World?" Another place implied to have connections to Velka.

*sits in her hype corner*
Not the Painted World itself, as I'm betting the painting has long sense been lost or destroyed (based on lore from II and III), but what if it's the place the painting is based off of? October cannot come soon enough it seems.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Hard to believe that the next DLC after this is going to be the last official Dark Souls content.

Well, this one looks damn good, as once again From shows the gaming industry how you do DLC.