Dark Souls 3 leads franchise to new sales milestone

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I LOVED Ashes of Ariandel. It felt like Souls in a fairytale book with what is probably one of the coolest bossfights in the series. It is everything I love about Souls condensed to perfection. I'd be reluctant to consider this the best piece of Souls content that exists(including Bloodborne).

To be honest I was kinda disappointed by The Ringed City and didn't enjoy it much. Kind of tedious encounter design and playing beyond the dreg heap took away of the mystery. Just felt a resounding 'meh' after completing it. AoA though made me wish they made an entire game in a dreamlike, wintery landscape.
Do you really mean reluctant not to consider, kinda like double negative?

I agree about it though. I always loved the Painted World and this was a brilliant callback, with a cool twist. It also ended perfectly regarding level design and boss fight. By far was the biggest struggle for me but that made it all the more satisfying.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Do you really mean reluctant not to consider, kinda like double negative?

I agree about it though. I always loved the Painted World and this was a brilliant callback, with a cool twist. It also ended perfectly regarding level design and boss fight. By far was the biggest struggle for me but that made it all the more satisfying.
Nah..more that I love Bloodborne so much and can't admit to myself liking AoA even more than The Old Hunters. :p

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Nah..more that I love Bloodborne so much and can't admit to myself liking AoA even more than The Old Hunters. :p

Tough call. AoA definitely best added content of Souls proper at least. Aesthetically it probably tops it and plus it gets big nostalgia points.

While I’m thinking of underrated stuff here though, I also thought Crown of the Sunken King was the most unsung of the DS2 DLCs. I loved the treacherous descent and seeing from below where you came from up high, then the shortcuts there were probably the best of DS2 at least. Don’t get me wrong, Iron and Ivory were amazing as well but Sunken just felt the most Dark Soulsy to me, and in some ways the Profaned Capital reminded me of it.

Last edited: