Dark Souls Cafe Opens Its Doors In Tokyo

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Eh I preferred the Resident Evil cafe more, it had more of a proper theme going on and more effort and decoration put into it.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I swear, if it isn't like this comic, then I'm going to be severely disappointed:

http://wanderingminds.org/bowchan2/src/DwarfFortress.jpg

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
So do you have a certain time limit to eat your main course before the 4 Kings spawn?

My cousin is off to Japan and is planning on visiting this place, he mentioned how one of the dishes were called "Kalameat"
Lucky bastard... better bring me an Estus Flask when he gets back.

Triality

May 9, 2011
I read half the joke comments in here and immediately know who hasn't played Dark Souls. (VVV This is not an example below. I just had the compulsion being a hardcore Prepare-to-Diehard VVV)

Elijin said:
Do you have to order without a menu, and have a chance of accidentally ordering poison?
You can't order poison. But the seats are probably waste high in a poisonous bog. The purple moss is available upon request. If you order the mud pie, making sure you get the purple-and-white moss. If you accidentally cut yourself on the silverware and begin bleeding out, ask for red moss. Knowing the difference could save your life.

Shocksplicer said:
Prepare To Dine. WHAT? SOMEONE HAD TO SAY IT!
LOL. I wish it had been the author. It's kinda sad he didn't have a quip prepared for this. Missed opportunity I guess.

StriderShinryu said:
Hopefully the menu is totally opaque as in it just says "Burger" and then you have to go to another page of the menu to find out what's actually on the burger.
You're probably right. Once served, make sure you open inventory, highlight the burger, and hit Square/X to compare stats to your currently equipped meal. Hit Square/X a second time to learn the burgers history and perks.

thisbymaster said:
I was really expecting a 12 course meal where one of the courses has a poison and the other an antidote. So you must eat everything all the time.
Even if the poison is in the main course, that's what the purple moss side-salad is for. :)

TizzytheTormentor said:
Hey, unless you have to fight martial arts masters to get a cup of coffee, its not being hard enough.
Unarmed PVP? Dude... you're hardcore! Or patient! Or... an environment exploiter! Which sounds better, dropping an item onto a swinging blade's path, or onto a boss spawn point for when your opponent is in position to loot?

Xcell935 said:
So do you have a certain time limit to eat your main course before the 4 Kings spawn?
Naw dude you're cool. I just read the site and the customer safety section states that you're safe as long as you don't order the Sif's Hot Dog with Onion Rings of Artorias.

I'm sorry.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
Prepare To Dine.

WHAT? SOMEONE HAD TO SAY IT!
Okay, that gave me a chuckle. I thank you.

OT: So would I have to deal with Ornstein and Smough on the way in? Would I be waited upon by a woman with large breasts? Would I end up a Hollow if I attempt to dine and dash?

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Triality said:
Xcell935 said:
Naw dude you're cool. I just read the site and the customer safety section states that you're safe as long as you don't order the Sif's Hot Dog with Onion Rings of Artorias.
I'll take your word for it, but just to be safe I'm bringing my chaos claymore with full havels in case one of the bastards shows up, better safe then sorry.
Afterwards I'll hopefully get to meet the Chef, Kaathe.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Unless you see someone standing there in full havels, chain chugging estus whist a huge man beats on them with a massive flaming sword you wont get the full darksouls experience, even if that person would be considered a poise stacking fat roll coward :p.

I also don't see a black knights halberd on the wall, my most beloved companion :(.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting, and it's cool that this series has gotten this level of popularity and fame. That said I can't help but wonder if it's a very temporary promotional gimmick, and if this place will be there, or even remembered, in 10 years, especially if the franchise ends.

It's also hard to tell what their prices are like.

That said, these kinds of theme bars/eateries open up all the time, especially in touristy areas and such, it's just very few currently cater to aspects of geek culture. It's also typically more along the line of it actually being the same basic place, it's just they change the name and décor, and maybe the menu, while maintaining the same management.

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember hearing about a "Silent Hill" themed Café in Florida when Universal was doing Silent Hill as the theme for their yearly Halloween event, with the wait staff dressed as the nurses and such. Of course that might have been in the park itself, and I seem to remember it was like $25 for a Cheeseburger and fries.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
I don't know, it looks like a regular restaurant that has somebodies game swag collection decorating it, and then a medieval armory vomited on it. It lacks unity.

It needs some actual stone and fake torches, maybe some thick antiqued tables.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Will you be in danger from the food, the staff, or just other patrons all as justifiably paranoid as you? A good place to loot the bodies, if you have quick hands.