Dark Souls Claims a Million Sales in the West

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
I actually didn't understand what was so hard about this game. I did think Demon's Souls was incredibly difficult, but not so much Dark Souls.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Remember, everyone:

If a game isn't driving you absolutely insane and killing you with the slightest mistake, it isn't fun.

fireaura08

Apr 10, 2012
Good to know, this should encourage more jolly cooperation/darkmooning/invading and a sequel in the future. ^.^
I just hope that the DLC comes to the Xbox, since my gaming PC isn't the best.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Xiado said:
Ugh, every news article about this game has to include remarks about the difficulty. Save for a few parts, its not a really hard game. It's a skill that, like any other, you acquire through practice. I breezed through my third character onward, difficulty with the second was because I was trying a no-shield-blocking run (Not including pvp).
Yeah I do find the whole hyping of the difficulty rather exasperating at times. They should be putting more emphasis on the awesome integrated online features, because that's what actually makes Dark Souls unique.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I am still trying to get through Dark souls. Stuck in Anor Londo because of the ****ing archers. Can't find anyone in co-op to help since the few I have found just quit when they realize I am not about to fight Ornstein and Smough.

Also PvP is terrible, it is so godamn terrible. Still have yet to fight a single person who isn't "LOL I have high level equipment that can kill you in a few hits........Yes even if you block, I might actully have to try otherwise. Also the lag is annoying.
Co-op is great though =) I love the co-op especially since I am a sun bro.

Praise the sun!

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Haakong said:
Xiado said:
Ugh, every news article about this game has to include remarks about the difficulty. Save for a few parts, its not a really hard game. It's a skill that, like any other, you acquire through practice. I breezed through my third character onward, difficulty with the second was because I was trying a no-shield-blocking run (Not including pvp).
Agree x 99.

The cheap shots were few in this game, and could easily be avoided by being cautious and using your brain. Really enjoyed the challenge, and feel guilty for picking it up from the bargain bin.

Simonoly said:
Yeah I do find the whole hyping of the difficulty rather exasperating at times. They should be putting more emphasis on the awesome integrated online features, because that's what actually makes Dark Souls unique.
The game's multiplayer is the only one where I've felt a real thrill in my later years. The risk of dying and the promise of great reward for winning makes every invasion count, and I've yet to come by a rpg with such balanced pvp.

Only thing I really miss is an arena (where you can queue 1v1... tiresome to always fight 1v2, although its a nice challenge), and less laggy servers. Too many good fights being ruined by lag-backstabs. Oh, and a guide at the beginning of the game explaining weapons and stat scaling. Everything else is "learn by play", but that part needs google and number crunching :D
I think I've sunk over 400 hours into Dark Souls now purely because of the multiplayer. Every new game I start is completely different due to the pvp and co-op elements that are integrated into the single player. I'm the same, I don't know of a more balanced pvp in an rpg.

I agree, From Software definitely need to put more instructions in for understanding the levelling mechanics of the game. Stat-scaling and weapon upgrading definitely needed explaining so we don't have to sit there with a wiki trying to work out what we need to do. It's stuff like this which can unnecessarily alienate people who are new to the game.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
bullet_sandw1ch said:
Where Demon's Souls was hosted on one server, Dark Souls is hosted on multiple ones, which makes getting together with friends very frustrating and practically impossible.

Let's hope the PC gamers won't have to deal with this.
i think they did that so that it would be hard to be with friends. i guess they wanted you to have that sense of loneliness, and/or the mysteriousness of being around someone we didnt know.
Demon's Souls was significantly harder. I have found Dark Souls relatively easy because of that experience (aside from being invaded by players who are clearly on a second play through new build character).