Dark Souls III to Release in April, Collectors Editions Detailed

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Dark Souls III to Release in April, Collectors Editions Detailed

The Lords of Cinder are coming, and now we know when.

Bandai Namco has announced a western release date for Dark Souls III, which will be available in North and South America on April 12, 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

A new trailer celebrating this revelation has been made available.

In addition to the announcement of the release date, details regarding the contents and pricing of a Collector's Edition have been delivered. Retailing for $129.99, the Dark Souls III Collector's Edition will include a 10" statue of the "Red Knight" character from the game, as well as an art book, a soundtrack, a mini strategy guide from Prima, and a cloth game map.

A "Day One" edition will also be available at launch, rewarding the faithful with a copy of the soundtrack. the mini strategy guide, and exclusive packaging.

As the game is only available for PC through Steam, these limited editions are only offered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

[gallery=5167]

Praise the sun.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
"As the game is only available for PC through Steam, these limited editions are only offered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

...The fuck?

What the hell Namco? We PC "master race" plebs might want special editions too dammit >_<

Also, who wants to bet the PC version gets delayed a month like with DS2, like, a couple weeks before the initial release.

Edit: Oh yeah, something I noticed while watching the actual trailer. Did parts of it seem sped up to anyone else? I've watched some stress test footage of some youtubers and some motions looked sped up, but maybe it's just the sudden cutting of the trailer that gives me that impression :/

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Instead of the statue of the red night, it should have come with a light up bonfire.

Edit. Wait, the special edition is only for the ps4 and xbone? WTF, well fuck you guys too.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ooooooh! So close to birthday! Squeeee! I hope somebody loves me enough to get me this...time to start being suspiciously nice to family and friends!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Something tells me I'll be sick sometime during April, during which time I shall not be seeing the sun for a while.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
As much as I love the Souls series, I don't particularly want a statue of the game. I think I will likely get the Day One Edition assuming it isn't much more pricy.

[small]I want Bloodborne 2 more though.[/small]

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Denamic said:
Something tells me I'll be sick sometime during April, during which time I shall not be seeing the sun for a while.
...besides your daily Praising of it right?!

RejjeN said:
Edit: Oh yeah, something I noticed while watching the actual trailer. Did parts of it seem sped up to anyone else? I've watched some stress test footage of some youtubers and some motions looked sped up, but maybe it's just the sudden cutting of the trailer that gives me that impression :/
I've not seen any gameplay footage yet (keeping myself in the dark), but I did notice certain sections seemed faster than others in their movement and fluidity, I guessed it was just the editing of the trailer.

OT: after bingeing on Bloodborne the last month, and then the DLC, I'm super excited about more FromSoftware stuff, and hearing the combat has gotten faster makes me even more so. BB was a pretty big improvement gameplay-wise IMO, and now not long to wait till my next massive time-sink!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Gah, no special edition for PC? That's lame. Then again, I probably wouldn't get the special edition anyway. Usually they aren't worth the price at all.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Ah well, wouldn't buy the special edition anyway. Good that we get it on PC though! I hope the bosses will be more interesting than the ones in DS2.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Cool and everything, but I'd like to see something new. Everything in that trailer I've already seen, perhaps minus the part where it looks like an enemy has wings or is flaring his cape in the air. I don't want a whole new trailer or anything, but perhaps some new shots here and there, or maybe some new dialogue?

I do want that cloth map, so I think I'll be getting the Collector's Edition. The statue doesn't look too bad either. Better than that Giant Lord of Cinder statue that comes with the Day One edition in my opinion.

emeril322

Jul 12, 2012
Sooooo, no information on the "Prestige Edition" pricing? I really want that Lord of Cinder statue, but I fear it'll be crazy overpriced.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
Cool and everything, but I'd like to see something new. Everything in that trailer I've already seen, perhaps minus the part where it looks like an enemy has wings or is flaring his cape in the air. I don't want a whole new trailer or anything, but perhaps some new shots here and there, or maybe some new dialogue?

I do want that cloth map, so I think I'll be getting the Collector's Edition. The statue doesn't look too bad either. Better than that Giant Lord of Cinder statue that comes with the Day One edition in my opinion.
Why would they break their pattern, just to spoil their game in the
trailer? Have you even From-Softwared?? ;)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
They seem very focused on the same area... They've used it for the demos demo, the multiplayer tests and now this trailer.

I wonder if it has any significance.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Here I am, praying that the PC version is good. DS1 had an atrocious port. DS2 had a solid port, but a fairly major bug that made the game awful to play (which was only fixed when the PS4 version was coming out, quite a while later). Maybe this time they'll get it right right off the bat...