Dark souls love

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I actually didn't like it all that much. I can't put my finger quite on why that is. It looked fine and the game play itself was ok, but there was nothing in there that really pulled me in. It was probably how dragged out it felt to me. Grinding on smaller enemies, dying to bigger ones. Personally I play games to feel big and strong, even if it's all an illusion and it's all incredibly easy. Probably why I just got fed up with this game.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I played like 10 minutes of it at a friends house yesterday and instantly fell in love with it. The atmosphere is fucking awesome, man.

Now the real question is; do I wait for the PC version, or do I borrow the game and the PS from my friend to play it right away? (No, I still haven't bought a PS3. I'm not paying 250 fucking Euros for hardware that is so damn outdated and weak.)
You should probably wait. The PC version will have the new dlc included while ps3 users have to pay for it. I already beat the game on my ps3 ages ago though so i'll probably pass on the pc version.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
WhyWasThat said:
So what's your alternative? Pay ?80 for a PS2...? Or ?800 for a gaming rig that plays PS3 games at a higher resolution and with a shitter input method? I don't see your point either.
Umm...
How about pay $300 for a gaming rig that will run GOOD GAMES [That aren't on the PS3] at higher resolutions, with better controls, faster loading and response times, less lag and a whole lot of other stuff.

Hell, he already has a PC. He doesn't have to pay anything for all that.

Get out of your fanboy mind, get a grip, and don't be so obtuse.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
I've been playing Dark Souls quite a bit since I picked it up a couple weeks ago after seeing some playthroughs and thinking "You know, this actually looks pretty badass. Like a very hard, very gritty Legend of Zelda."

Currently stuck on Snorlax and Pikachu in Anor Londo, though. Going to try just taking off everything but my pants next time, since armor doesn't really seem to do all that much good.

Speaking of armor not doing much good, I'll go ahead and share my first encounter with Havel.

"Oh, here's the staircase down to Havel. I've seen people fight him before, he doesn't seem -that- bad. Even if I'm really early in the game, I think I can take him."

*runs down stairs*
*Havel saunters up and raises his dragon tooth*
*raise my shield in defense like an idiot*
*CRUNCH*
[YOU DIED]

"... Well, that went about as well as expected."
This happened in the span of approximately two seconds.

EDIT:
Daystar Clarion said:
Relevant.

Should be noted that there's some spoilers in there, in case you haven't gotten all that far yet.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
I think the best thing about it is the sense of accomplishment you get from wiping the floor with that bloody game! It broke me pretty early on and i stopped playing it for about 4 months. Then i got back into it and recently got the platinum trophy!

Looking forward to the Artorias DLC now!

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I really wish that moving back with your shield down just made you walk backward instead of turning around completely.

Now for the love. Atmosphere and combat... sooooooooooo great. And the creature design was freaking amazing.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
WhyWasThat said:
WhyWasThat said:
I played like 10 minutes of it at a friends house yesterday and instantly fell in love with it. The atmosphere is fucking awesome, man.

Now the real question is; do I wait for the PC version, or do I borrow the game and the PS from my friend to play it right away? (No, I still haven't bought a PS3. I'm not paying 250 fucking Euros for hardware that is so damn outdated and weak.)
The PS3 has incredible games, and more great ones on the way (The Last of Us will probably be a masterpiece).
You're obviously not a real gamer if 'hardware' takes precedence over, y'know... GOOD GAMES.
.....?

What's your point? I should just suck it up and pay an outrageous sum of money for a machine that is worth maybe 150 Euros?

Sorry, I guess I'm not a "real gamer! xDDDDD" then.
So what's your alternative? Pay ?80 for a PS2...? Or ?800 for a gaming rig that plays PS3 games at a higher resolution and with a shitter input method? I don't see your point either.
Input method is highly subjective. Drop that ridiculous statement and your post is good to go!