Dark Souls Publisher May Reconsider Games for Windows Live

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
GFWL was supposed to save them from this terrible fate dammit. Now there will be nothing but Fire. And with Fire comes Disparity... And a world more heavy metal than heavy metal.
Wait, a world more heavy than heavy metal? You're making this sound like the Iron Maiden cover I always wanted to adventure through.

OT: I don't see how a petition is a demand, I mean it can be ignored like many other have. I understand their reasoning for GFWL, it's just GFWL doesn't like PCs -- as Fallout 3 still shows.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The Grim Ace said:
The Wykydtron said:
GFWL was supposed to save them from this terrible fate dammit. Now there will be nothing but Fire. And with Fire comes Disparity... And a world more heavy metal than heavy metal.
Wait, a world more heavy than heavy metal? You're making this sound like the Iron Maiden cover I always wanted to adventure through.

OT: I don't see how a petition is a demand, I mean it can be ignored like many other have. I understand their reasoning for GFWL, it's just GFWL doesn't like PCs -- as Fallout 3 still shows.
Well if you replaced the current Wailing Harpies (now that sounds like a heavy metal band) soundtrack with electric guitars you basically would be in an Iron Maiden CD cover. Just watch the opening cutscene and you'll get what I mean XD

Except nobody ever "adventures" through Dark Souls. They only end up struggling through the endless darkness... Then get shot off the same tiny ledge for the fifteenth billionth time because those two snipers are dicks. They fire swords at you! Not large arrows! Actual fuck off swords!

If you're gonna get this game, at the very least find a guide that tells you what the skills mean if nothing else. Cuz the game tells you nothing about anything. Apparently there's a deep story to be found in there somewhere... Fucked if I know where it is though. Maybe it comes up after those two snipers.

History will never know...

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Chairman Miaow said:
Way to be unbiased....
I'm not sure whether to welcome you to Escapist or introduce you to Andy...

OT: Hope they fudge the GFWL. Not just because the game would be better off without that piece of shit, but also because Microsoft really needs a boot up their arse about it and having a big title like this not just avoid, but actively abandon them might be just what the doctor ordered.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Vrach said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Way to be unbiased....
I'm not sure whether to welcome you to Escapist or introduce you to Andy...

OT: Hope they fudge the GFWL. Not just because the game would be better off without that piece of shit, but also because Microsoft really needs a boot up their arse about it and having a big title like this not just avoid, but actively abandon them might be just what the doctor ordered.
To be honest, every contributer here shows their bias, I just always try to expect more from them.... and get dissappointed. It is strange that Microsoft seem determined to fuck over PC users considering their roots. Now all they care about on the game front is xbox users. Must be because of pirates and people who make petitions demands. It always is.

Necabo

Jul 11, 2011
This was my reaction:

YAY, they made me a chocolate cake!

Ow...they filled it with dirt.

But yeah, I don't particularly like the whole Online platform thingy, But I'm still from the time we could just buy the CD, insert it and play the game, so I may be biased. Plus my stupid campus firewall prevents any fast steam downloading.

But Steam is a solid platform, it works and nobody complained about games like skyrim. So Why on earth launch a game with GFWL, when it is proven to be the least preferred option.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Bart Kooij said:
This was my reaction:

YAY, they made me a chocolate cake!

Ow...they filled it with dirt.

But yeah, I don't particularly like the whole Online platform thingy, But I'm still from the time we could just buy the CD, insert it and play the game, so I may be biased. Plus my stupid campus firewall prevents any fast steam downloading.

But Steam is a solid platform, it works and nobody complained about games like skyrim. So Why on earth launch a game with GFWL, when it is proven to be the least preferred option.
Well it has been explained that using GFWL for porting is usefull since it allows it to be transferred from the 360 over to the PC with ease. The problem lies in GFWL itself which is a horrible system. Still they said they are listening so good on them for both times.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Okay, guys... but if GFWL gets struck from the PC version, God help you if the sales numbers don't pull through.

You can be demanding or you can not buy the game; you can't do both.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
NightmareLuna said:
I cannot believe whiners actually get their way... This is truly a sad day for the world when howling monkeys get their way simply because they are loud and obnoxious.
Ask for Dark Souls on PC through the non-violent and non-legally binding way of petition, that has no other function other than to let a Dev and Publisher know that we want it on a platform. Gets called howling monkey who is loud and obnoxious.

Ask for it to not have crippling DRM, get called entitled because its not our right to ask, clearly.

I love people sometimes, lately it seems if you ask for something, you're whining and being a brat about it because you can't get your own way, despite their being no other alternative to let them know other than asking.

Edit: Also, demanding? How terribly insulting. *sips tea*

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Oh thank god! It's not even as if we're demanding to ditch GFWL for the gamers benefit, it would be for the guys that are making it's benefit as well.

GFWL is a world famous customer repellent, that is not only a pile of shit, but an unavoidable pile of shit that once a SINGLE line of code from that pile of shit gets put onto a disc, it will corrupt everything around it, as well as everything you've ever loved about gaming.

Good riddance, and well done Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. You did good lad.

XSTALKERX

Mar 10, 2012
Wait didn't you people want them to remove GFWL on Dark Souls and now that they say they will consider it you people are still angry at them because they said you demanded it? I'm sorry if I missed something here but I'm a bit confused to what you guys really want.