Dark Souls: What do you do while waiting for summons?

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
i play on PS3 myself, but i swap over to my laptop while i wait and read webcomics, watch youtube, check escapist... generally catch-up on all the things i'm gonna do once i finish playing

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I make sure the area is secured, so that when the summon shows up, he won't be back-attacked by something nasty.
Alternatively, I read the item descriptions.
I'm on PS3, and sometimes the summoning takes AGES, usually due to summoning failing.

Bashful Reaper

May 7, 2010
Greyah said:
Bashful Reaper said:
Invasions are irritating at the best of times, but when you want to be summoned, it's even more annoying. If you can bear to, the best thing to do is kill yourself and don't turn human; then you can be summoned without being able to be invaded.

My friend decided to do a naked, no-levelling run. He got to the Four Kings. I don't think it was lack of armour that killed him. More the lack of being able to do enough damage as a level 4 warrior. Still, getting that far means he's pretty skilled... and a massive show-off.
Keep in mind, I'm not exactly running around naked. Just as a dragon. Because dragons.

The invasions... well, sometimes they're annoying. I don't mind it too much if it's not too often, but I dislike running into people who fight dirty. Like a guy who threw dung pies, or a a guy who glitched through me and backstabbed me while he was standing in front of me a split second ago. That's just annoying.

Usually though, I can handle myself pretty well. Being a dragon has the big advantage that you get a force-like attack that you can spam, and buffs your damage. People get caught out by it so often.

Edit: Oh yeah, I followed the livestream of a guy who played the entire game at level 1, with no ranged or magic, while cursed and wearing the dusk crown ring, and no reasonable armour. He got instakilled by everything. He also went through the dlc for the first time in that playthrough. He completed everything. That was pretty neat.
Aah *that* kind of dragon. Yes, difficult to predict when fighting and quite a fun way to play. In co-op you are fairly unstoppable if you synchronise the shockwave and your partner's attack. Although I'd call that pretty dirty. Dung pies are only dirty in the literal sense, they are being used legitimately at least. Using lag to shank you in the back when you are facing them is absolutely *not* cricket.

Hmm, it seems there are some real masochists out there... I have been labelled as such for playing Dark Souls in the first place. But I think we can agree that it just takes a little getting into. It's not like I use the ring of calamity or anything.

Bashful Reaper

May 7, 2010
barbzilla said:
I utilize rolling to toss the corpses of hollows off of ledges to the valley below. It usually takes a few rolls in the right direction to get each corpse cleared from the area, but eventually I get the entire area cleared. Then once I get summoned and return, I find all the corpses have come back. :-(
I've totally tried that before. I don't quite know why the corpses get stuck on your shoes like trailing toilet paper, but it makes for some funny situations. I once had a corpse stuck in my characters armpit for ages like I was bullying some skinny kid with a headlock. The 'praise the sun' gesture allowed me to drop him eventually.