Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court DLC is Available Now

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court DLC is Available Now

The first major DLC for Darkest Dungeon, titled The Crimson Court, is now available on PC.

As was announced last month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170437-Darkest-Dungeon-The-Crimson-Court-Expansion-Release-Date], The Crimson Court DLC for Darkest Dungeon went live yesterday. This add-on brings a new dungeon region, 10 new town buildings to construct, a new hero, and bevy of new monsters and environments to conquer.

The Crimson Court is designed to work alongside a new or existing campaign. You'll have the option to toggle parts of the DLC on or off, such as the Crimson Court, the new Flagellant class, and Districts. That means you can add just what you want to your existing campaigns, or you can start a brand new campaign to experience the new stuff.

Also included in this DLC is Blood Moon, a brand new game mode. It combines the Stygian Mode (originally New Game+ Mode) that was added in the Radiant Update with the Crimson Court content. Red Hook says that this "represents the new standard of high achievement in-game."

The Crimson Court is now live on PC, Mac, and Linux. As Red Hook has previously stated, the PlayStation version will be released once any issues that pop up in the PC version are resolved. The studio estimated that the PS4 / PS Vita release would be sometime next month.

[gallery=7526]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg downloading hnnnnnnnggggg

I didn't know they were adding a bunch of more buildings hnnnnnnnnnnggggggg!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
I can't even beat the main game or complete the harder dungeons without crawling into a corner ...
Now they have this wicked DLC that's super intense. I don't think me, or my wallet can handle that pressure ._.
I can give you some pointers if you really want them, because I had the same problem for several months.

Anyway, Dear PC Gamers--

You suck. I hate you for getting this before me. That is all.

But seriously, looking forward to this. Hoping they add trophies with the DLC, but even if they don't, I'm going to be exploring this new area and learning the new bits of lore.
Also couldn't help but notice that article said "the first major DLC" and that makes me think that we'll be getting even more eventually? Yes please.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I wish this game was available for mobile. It's a decent time-killer. Seems like it would be a perfect fit.

Playing it on PC just feels like a grind.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
Anyway, Dear PC Gamers--

You suck. I hate you for getting this before me. That is all.
What was that? The mewlings of a mere peasant, perhaps? No bother. I shall continue to enjoy my unregulated mods and 60fps. *Impatiently waits for the steam summer sale*