Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Announced, Coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U Later this Year

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Announced, Coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U Later this Year

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1338/1338915.jpgNordic made it official: there's a Darksiders remaster coming to PC and consoles in October.

The rumors that have been flying around about a Darksiders remaster are true. Today, Nordic Games announced that "We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned, but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control." This is of course a reference to the aforementioned rumors, and is the reason that the game was announced today, which was apparently a little earlier than planned.

The remaster brings the story of War, the first Horseman of the Apocalypse, to PC (again) and the current gen of consoles. War is tricked into bringing about the end of the world, but is given a chance to find those who tricked him and hold them accountable.

It will feature 1080p resolution on all consoles, and will be 60 fps on every console except the Wii U, which will run at 30 fps. The PC version will have 4K support and a number of different video options, although what those options are wasn't revealed.

To prepare the game for its move to current gen, Nordic has doubled the texture resolutions, made improvements to the rendering, improved the shadows, and added post processing effects.

If you're one of those who never played Darksiders, or you just want to experience the game again, you'll have to wait a bit for the remaster. It's set to release on October 25, and will set you back $19.99.

[gallery=6360]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Would be really very nice and appreciated if these developers would release a new bloody game for once! I want to see new Darksiders, new Resident Evil, not spit 'n shined old hat that has lost its' mysterious allure for about 4 times the price that you can buy the original for. And then a complete edition further down the line just to keep the price from dropping too much. Yes, i'm onto your game, publishers! (no pun intended)

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's pretty cool. I love Darksiders 2 to death (no pun intended I SWEAR!) but I never got around to completing the first game. I'll definitely get it. If only to support the devs so they can finally start working on the third one. There's so much potential in this franchise.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
so 2 is WAY better in every way so why would anyone bother going back to 1's much slower game play? Not to mention that the first one had absolutely 0 loot! IDK maybe it's just me but I want to play Darksiders 3 not 2 and 1 again

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I'm a fan of this franchise but I have to ask... Did anyone ask for this? I mean, the Darksiders games are good but nowhere near amazing and I don't think they sold a bajillion copies. I don't know. If I had bought a console I'd just be getting more and more pissed. All that seems to get released are remasters of games that aren't that old. Pretty soon instead of waiting a few months for a Game of the Year Edition we'll be waiting a few months for the SUPER DUPER HD REMASTER version.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
I played the old Darksiders on Playstation Now,but it was one of the most boring experiences in my life. This remaster interests me not.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
JUMBO PALACE said:
I'm a fan of this franchise but I have to ask... Did anyone ask for this? I mean, the Darksiders games are good but nowhere near amazing and I don't think they sold a bajillion copies. I don't know. If I had bought a console I'd just be getting more and more pissed. All that seems to get released are remasters of games that aren't that old. Pretty soon instead of waiting a few months for a Game of the Year Edition we'll be waiting a few months for the SUPER DUPER HD REMASTER version.
My best guess is that Nordic is rolling this out to gauge interest in the series with an eye on using the IP they bought at the THQ auction. Proof? None at all.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
ffronw said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
My best guess is that Nordic is rolling this out to gauge interest in the series with an eye on using the IP they bought at the THQ auction. Proof? None at all.
There is proof. They said that they want to do that when they announced Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition. It makes sense to do the same with the first game.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Personally I love the first and 2nd Darksiders games. And a remaster, while nice, isn't what I want. I want Darksiders 3. Also, with the PC version, are we getting the PC version free if we already own the original like they did for Deathinitive Edition? If so that would be nice.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Damn, only $20?

Color me interested, if for no other reason than to convince Nordic to make more games in the series.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
ffronw said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
Makes sense and I had that thought myself. I guess I'm just a little jaded with all these remasters that, to my eyes, don't do much to improve the visuals anyway.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There's a Wii U version of this in the works? Has...Has anybody told Nordic that it's no longer 2012? I thought everybody had abandoned the sinking ship Wii U...Well, since it's going to be an option you bet your ass I'm going to get that one! That is, if it's a physical disc on the U.

Hello everybody: I'm a statistical anomaly. I never played this game when it originally launched despite having a 360 (and eventually a PS3) and it looks like my first time with this game (just like my first time with Arkham City, and Mass Effect 3) will be on the Nintendo console that probably-could-but-wasn't-given-much-of-a-chance-to.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Would be really very nice and appreciated if these developers would release a new bloody game for once! I want to see new Darksiders, new Resident Evil, not spit 'n shined old hat that has lost its' mysterious allure for about 4 times the price that you can buy the original for. And then a complete edition further down the line just to keep the price from dropping too much. Yes, i'm onto your game, publishers! (no pun intended)
Let's be fair, it's probably cheaper to simply port the games to next gen at the moment. They need to get interest in the property again before they can seek investors for a proper sequel. This at least shows that there is some interest. Nordic games is probably smaller then what THQ was in it's heyday. Not to mention Joe Mad, the main artist, is probably hard at work on his Battle Chasers game.

As an aside though, they are making a Resident Evil 7. It isn't just re releases coming out.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I read Darksiders and I got instantly hyped thinking it's a new entry in the series. Now I'm just disappointed.
2017 could have been a fantastic year, but Nordic had to play with my feelings.
A new Zelda and Darksiders in the same year... but nope.

Also as much as I love the game, I'm not going to pay a second time for it. But that being said, I think that $20 is a really fair price for that. Unlike the Marvel remaster that costs $40 and is a broken piece of shit.

Shoggoth2588 said:
There's a Wii U version of this in the works? Has...Has anybody told Nordic that it's no longer 2012? I thought everybody had abandoned the sinking ship Wii U...Well, since it's going to be an option you bet your ass I'm going to get that one! That is, if it's a physical disc on the U.

Hello everybody: I'm a statistical anomaly. I never played this game when it originally launched despite having a 360 (and eventually a PS3) and it looks like my first time with this game (just like my first time with Arkham City, and Mass Effect 3) will be on the Nintendo console that probably-could-but-wasn't-given-much-of-a-chance-to.
Well, if it offers off screen playing, I might rethink my previous statement and cave in and buy the Wii U version, so not all is lost. Didn't Darksiders 2 sell pretty well on the Wii U when it was released? And I feel sorry that you had to experience those games for the first time on the Wii U. Some of the worst ports on the console and more expensive than on any other platform. I remember the ME Trilogy being cheaper on the PS3 than just ME3 on the Wii U. And EA wondered why it didn't sell.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
The price is fair, and I'd love to see some more attention brought to this franchise, but isn't October kind of a bad time to release something like this? You're putting a $20 HD version of a game up against one of the busier times of the year for new games. I don't think that's a fair time to assess interest.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Why not? Right in time to see it at a little discount during the steam winter sale. I'm replaying the second game and I definitely like the first one best. It was badass-er.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Aha! So it paid off that I bought the remaster of the 'Darksiders 2' but didn't want to play it before completing the first one.

Just one question: Digital only or do we get a boxed version as well?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Eh, the 2nd one was much better...though I've still got my fingers crossed for the alleged 4 player co-op 3rd installment.