Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Announced, Coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U Later this Year

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Well I guess that could suggest that the second one's remaster did pretty well in sales - or at least enough for them to have a go at cash-grabbing the first one. Maybe this franchise has some life in it yet.

Only played a bit of the second one, so I don't know if that's a good thing for anyone but fans.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I gotta say. I think its pretty fucking rude to release remastered versions of games whose series havent (and probably never will) be finished.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
dragongit said:
Let's be fair, it's probably cheaper to simply port the games to next gen at the moment. They need to get interest in the property again before they can seek investors for a proper sequel. This at least shows that there is some interest. Nordic games is probably smaller then what THQ was in it's heyday. Not to mention Joe Mad, the main artist, is probably hard at work on his Battle Chasers game.

As an aside though, they are making a Resident Evil 7. It isn't just re releases coming out.
Yeah, i can understand the business logic behind this one, and the games are/were pretty enjoyable, though i fear there may be more people who, like me, would like to see more of the franchise yet cannot presently spare paying for both again just to prove devotion to the IP. Maybe the sequel during a digital sale as i personally felt it improved on the formula enough to overshadow the original. It's merely a matter of disposable income for now. I can only cross my fingers and hope the sales are positive enough for Nordic.
The Resi Evil 7 demo (proof of concept?) is a beacon of hope, i guess i meant Capcom in general as they have been hitting the remaster juice harder than any other publisher this generation till the Resi 7 reveal. Didn't know of battle chasers till now, shall check that out. :)