Darth Maul to be resurrected in Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Why would he need to come back? He was only there to kill Ol'Whatshisface, and he had like 3 lines that were only in the extended cuts of that terrible movie.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The animated show goes into a ton of details that the movies didn't, so I don't really see the big deal. Plus, I'm pretty sure the animated show has broken canon before (Not exactly positive, it is based solely on memory of seeing like 1 episode). It isn't like he's re-releasing Episode 2 with Darth Maul in it.

Michailov

Oct 15, 2009
People still have faith in the franchise?

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he brought back Ben and Qui-Gon as duo Zombie villans just to star in one episode.
Face it, anything Starwars related will be remade into #!"&.

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
Wasn't Anakan resurrected into Darth Vader after falling into lava? And I'm pretty sure Obi Wan was DEAD for two of the three movies he appeared in. Star Wars has an established history of bringing back "dead" characters.

Fr33Lanc3r.007

Jul 29, 2010
It's happened a couple of times in the Expanded Universe - mostly in the comics - but never under the direction of Lucas himself.......

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
I have no problem with this. Partly because Darth Maul is a fucking awesome character, but mostly because that show is stupid and I don't watch cartoon network, much less that show.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States

...... No, unless a time machine is involved, which at this point I wouldn't put past Lucas, then I have no idea why he's being brought back.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I never even considered that he might screw with the series like this. Props for coming straight outta left field Mr. Lucas, but seriously, leave Star Wars alone you loony old bastard.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
He's already appeared again at least a couple of times in the expanded universe.

I don't think Lucas even writes for The Clone Wars anyway, and since Maul's already been back there's no particular reason for him to object.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(TV_series)

Look at the writers list.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Taking a character that people enjoy, and adding more background or details to them can only serve to spoil the character as a whole. Darth Vadar being an easy example.

That said, Clone Wars is a pretty good show albeit too action oriented for my liking. I'll gladly see what they do with Maul and hope for the best.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Lucas is senile.
Dave Filoni should shoulder as much blame as Lucas. Any time someone questions a design decision he's done on the show, he is very quick to throw the blame at George. Not that George doesn't deserve it, but Filoni should not be getting a free ride.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Lucas is senile.
Ah, but! In the expanded universe, Maul was found alive post-1 and given a robotic lower half and attacked Obi-Wan when he was living on Tatooine post-3, pre-4.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
This isn't the first time this has happened in the EU. This also isn't the second time. If I remember right, this isn't the third time, either. Darth Maul is to Star Wars what Jean Grey is to Marvel, if you say EU counts.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Woodsey said:
He's already appeared again at least a couple of times in the expanded universe.

I don't think Lucas even writes for The Clone Wars anyway, and since Maul's already been back there's no particular reason for him to object.
Apparently, "all" episode ideas now come from George Lucas after season 2 began. He pretty much decided to take over the story department.

Michailov said:
People still have faith in the franchise?

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he brought back Ben and Qui-Gon as duo Zombie villans just to star in one episode.
Face it, anything Starwars related will be remade into #!"&.
Qui Gon was brought back as a ghost, and it was still stupid.

Feb 13, 2008
TimeLord said:
Lucas is senile.
Ah, but! In the expanded universe, Maul was found alive post-1 and given a robotic lower half and attacked Obi-Wan when he was living on Tatooine post-3, pre-4.
Apart from the Force cannot flow through robots.

Apart from R2.

And Luke's arm.

And Vader.

And from what Obi Wan said.

And if Maul can come back, why can't Qui Gon Jinn? In fact...

Yep, senile.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
I'm fairly sure George Lucas is just doing it to annoy people now; seeing what he can get away with.