Darth Maul to be resurrected in Star Wars: The Clone Wars

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
At least they're bringing back an awesome character. Darth Maul could have done a lot to bring Episode II back up from the depths of cineshit. If for no other reason than to go slicey slicey on Anakin's whiny ass. Is this show any good these days? I caught the miniseries when it was real animation, but wasn't impressed with the CGI show/Anakin's apprentice. Has it improved any overall?

Coldster said:
I am hopeful that it will just be a con artist like in the Star Wars books: "Specter of the Past" and "Vision of the Future" where a con artist pretends to be Grand Admiral Thrawn. They can't really think that we're that stupid can they?
You may wanna spoilerbox that one guy. Some of us are currently on our first read through of Zahn's Star Wars stuff...

hydroblitz

May 15, 2009

I remember this, and it was actually kind of cool. anyway I don't think this will get me to watch the show, but whatever.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Techno Squidgy said:
Stick your fingers in your ears, make the "lalala" noise and remind yourself that there are only 3 Star Wars films. Problem solved.
doesn't work anymore. he "re-mastered" them remember.

nothing is sacred.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Kadoodle said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.
Well, considering the third movie had a villain who was literally just heart and prosthetic body, cyborg limbs pelvis stuff is probably not out of the quetsion.

STill though.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I try not to get invested into whatever Star Wars is doing. I watch it for fun. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much, I never took it seriously in the first place. I'm down with whatever, and I've always liked Maul.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Kalezian said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

...... No, unless a time machine is involved, which at this point I wouldn't put past Lucas, then I have no idea why he's being brought back.

well, you see, the force, when subjected to red light, is able to bring people into the present.

Darth Mauls lightsaber...thing.. was red, thus he is able to be brought into the relative present.

The alternate goes for Blue light, it sends people into the past, thusly the Obi-wan Kenobi that we see in Episodes I - III isnt the past Kenobi, its the present one sent back during his duel with Darth Vader.

Now, fell free to feed me your rage.

I FEED ON YOUR RAGE.

Sadly, I'm going to have to disappoint you on that.

That.....actually makes much more sense than I thought it would. Better than that metachlorian excuse Lucas brought out in Episodes I-III.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Kadoodle said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.
Uhm, how can you climb out of a fucking Sarlacc pit?

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
At least they're bringing back an awesome character. Darth Maul could have done a lot to bring Episode II back up from the depths of cineshit. If for no other reason than to go slicey slicey on Anakin's whiny ass. Is this show any good these days? I caught the miniseries when it was real animation, but wasn't impressed with the CGI show/Anakin's apprentice. Has it improved any overall?
Well let me break this down. Season 1 one was okay and improved greatly in the last few episodes. (though episode 5 was probably the best of the season.)Season two was pretty good. It was creative and made good use of the new characters who had been squandered up until that point. Three was about the same except a little bit more repetitive.(and it had a really bullcrap 3 episode plot line that was made pointless by the ending.) 4 is UNBELIEVABLY AWEFUL.

EDIT: Huh, seems like they are trying to maintain the whole good trilogy bad trilogy thing.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
jumjalalabash said:
Why would he need to come back? He was only there to kill Ol'Whatshisface, and he had like 3 lines that were only in the extended cuts of that terrible movie.
And were also dubbed over Ray Park's actual voice...

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Didn't the clone wars cartoons make the Mandolarians look like wimps too or something? Yeah, from what little I've heard, this particular cartoon really doesn't care about canon in such.

Feb 13, 2008
TimeLord said:
Forgive my denseness but when does it say that the force can't flow through robots.
Midichlorians.
Given the evidence that you just stated that it was otherwise?
Precisely.
Gatx said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Lucas is senile.
You can hardly blame Lucas for this one,
I find it more humanising than the thought that Lucas is deliberately ruining his own legacy to squeeze money out of anything that gains more popularity. I know that Anakin/Boba's extra scenes show that legacy, but as long as I just keep believing that he's going mad - I don't have to deal with the idea that he's perfectly sane and just a thief.

Volkov

Dec 4, 2010
The prequel trilogy is so atrocious that this makes absolutely no difference. It was horrendously written, acted, directed and animated; clone wars is just a continuation of exactly the same trend. So there is nothing surprising about this.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
I mean, lots of shows bring people back cheesily.
But it's been pretty established Darth Maul would return.
I watched a badass video a few years ago with him in it attacking Luke and Ben Kenobi, out of canon, with robot legs. It was awesome.