Darth Maul to be resurrected in Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The_Kruggin

May 22, 2009
Kadoodle said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.
magic.

Darthbawls77

May 18, 2011
Wow, just....wow. Why would they do this to us? I liked Darth Maul even for his little story and screen time but this is ridiculous! A clone I can believe cause they can do that in star wars easy enough but if thats actually him, I dont know how he lived the fall on top of being cut in half!

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I was pretty sure they revived Maul before... or was that non-canon?

Yeah... I do believe it was non-canon. But hey, half mechanical Maul with bigass horns was kinda cool..

Curttehmurt

Feb 11, 2010
This is not news, they implied Maul was coming back awhile ago when his brother Savage Opress went to go look for him.

Also alot of hate in this thread I thought people liked the Clone Wars cartoon

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
There are so many reasons why Darth Maul could have survived you couldn't spit without hitting one.

1. It's Star WARS. We're talking about a STRANGE universe here with droids that have more personality than most PEOPLE, human beings can understand dozens of alien languages some of which are pronounced with vocalisms that aren't even possible with human anatomy, and an entire society of people wielding strange powers that allow them to do extraordinary things like shoot lightning from their arse and choke people halfway across the galaxy in open displays of raw power.

2. Darth Maul was not a human. He was humanOID in appearance, but technically, we know diddly squat about his people other than the fact that if any race of beings could be considered "evil" based solely on appearance, the men of the planet Dathomir certainly are that.. hell their planet's name actually has DARTH in it. For all we know, his people may be like sponges.. cut one part off they keep on living. Who knows what their anatomy is like.

3. The dark side of the force has odd powers, even so much as powers over life and death. We've seen the ability to reanimate the dead by the larvae of the queen of the Geonosians. We saw Anakin burned literally alive in lava and survive. Perhaps the hatred that fuels the Dark side of the force doesn't allow those who worship the dark side of the force to go peacefully into death, so they cling on with their hatred making them resilient.

4. Lightsabers are hot. They can cauterize a wound the second they cut through flesh, so.. well that's something.

5. The major rule when fighting evil... ALWAYS check the body and make sure they are dead. Far too many "would be heroes" have had their heroic careers cut tragically short by forgetting this single major lesson.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
..What, did the blood mage serial killer from Dragon Age 2 find Darth Maul's corpse and Frankenstein him, now? The guy was cut in half and fell down a massive shaft leading.. somewhere.

Then again, as far as most people are concerned, Darth Maul was the awesome sith guy with a double bladed lightsaber that got the most underwhelming boss fight of the entire series. And as much as I would love him to see more action.. retconning shit just doesn't fly with me (looking at you again, Dragon Age 2, Leliana..).

Mr. Lucas, I are disappoint.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Well, the idea of star wars prequels is already wrecked anyway. "Wrecking it further" by somehow bringing darth maul back will have little effect on the overall suckage

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
CriticKitten said:
Pft, that's patently wrong, Grevious is much more of a badass as the guy makes a hobby out of slaying master Jedi. You clearly based that on what you saw in the movies.

I base my assertion on this (might not be canon but screw it, it's AWESOME):

To which I say: NO villain in the prequels is any good, Palpatine being the only arguable exception because he manages to kill multiple Jedi in the span of seconds. Grevious in the films is reduced to being a lightsaber-wielding droid and nothing more, and Darth Maul ends up with a total kill count of one before he's cut in half by a padawan.

Not exactly inspiring villains.
That series didn't get nearly the amount of attention it deserved. This, right here, is the only Clone Wars cartoon I will acknowledge.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Kadoodle said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/clone-wars-darth-maul-lives

So, Mr. Lucas. What do you have to say for yourself? What the fuck are you doing? Why, goddamnit!? How the fuck can a guy survive getting chopped in half and thrown into a bottomless pit? How can you possibly explain this?

I for one am baffled. I look forward to seeing how they will pull this off.

Escapist. Discuss.

THAT ISN'T DARTH MAUL COMING BACK! I have no idea if that's a fake tralier or not (or CW is retarded). But the closest thing to Darth Maul coming back is the awaited appearance of a man of the same race just turned Sith, not actually Darth Maul. Essentially, in the show, they are trying to remake Darth Maul. He is being trained by Count Dooku and is Yellow and Black. This was all found out before the end of the third season. It is assumed that the man is undergoing training and will appear later. The only point at which Darth Maul is seen is in a vision of sorts. Go watch the show before you post crap.

Please edit your post before more senseless rage is made.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
That still isn't the worst thing that has happened. No, the worst thing to happen was the fucking Mortis Trilogy.

Qui-Gon's ghost shows up in the middle of the clone wars. A Sith who is considered the greatest threat to the galaxy (stronger than fucking Sidious!?) shows Anakin the future where he kills Padme and becomes Darth Vader.

What happens? Well, they kill the uber powerful destroyer of the galaxy sith lord by stabbing him with a knife, and then they have their memories erased.

Yeah, they just pulled a fucking "Pokemon: The First Movie" on everyone. Goddammit.
I just looked up the Wookiepedia page for that...

What.

The.

Fuck.

No seriously, what the fuck is going on with that? I want to see it now just to try and make SOME sense of what I read, but I know it won't help...

Why couldn't they just start up the awesome Clone Wars Series again?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
The Wiki makes it out that this Clone Wars cartoon isn't cannon anyway, so who gives a fuck?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Stop munching on your own under-wears over inconsistencies in Star Wars. Remember ROTJ? The empire lost to a bunch of teddy frakking bears! That's still worst than Gungans beating a technologically superior Droid armies, except the Gungans had certain tech and weapons to help them more effectively than stone age weapons.

The light-saber cauterizes any wound it create, and while I might not know much about fatal wounds, can a person not survive without his lower body? Add to that the fact that Maul was no ordinary person or someone with a human physiology which implies that he might have better vitality and tolerance to extreme pain being a Sith and all.

Personally I love the The Clone Wars TV show, since it literally make Plinkett's review of the 3 movies obsolete by addressing many of his 'complaints' from clones with individual personalities to other inconsistencies he nitpicked over.

damocles23

Dec 29, 2008
I stopped watching it after the first season and few episodes of the second, but i might watch this episode. Who knows, maybe it's fun.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
karloss01 said:
Techno Squidgy said:
Stick your fingers in your ears, make the "lalala" noise and remind yourself that there are only 3 Star Wars films. Problem solved.
doesn't work anymore. he "re-mastered" them remember.

nothing is sacred.
I have the DVD box set with the original theatrical versions on it as well as the remasters. Watched the remasters once. It was the little things that annoyed me, like Greedo shooting first (why change that? It ruins Han's characterisation, he's supposed to be a loveable rogue, implying he's a dick), The Young Anakin ghost (Why was that even remotely necessary? He was redeemed before he died, so it makes sense that he would look the way he did when he redeemed himself). As a kid I grew up loving the prequel trilogy. Then I watched the original and was blown away by how much better it was.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
anthony87 said:
Hell, at least Darth Maul is more of a badass than Grevious.
In the expanded fluff, Palpatine sent him to a death world to complete his training and when Maul was close to death Palpatine attacked him. Not only did Maul hold his own but he very nearly killed Palpatine, he would have to if not at the last minute Palpatine said it was all a test to prove himself ready.

Badass indeed, he would have did what not even Yoda could do.

Huh... Maul beats Palpatine, Yoda didn't. Maul therefore would beat Yoda. Obi-Wan beat Maul, therefore Obi-Wan could beat Yoda and Palpatine. Interesting. Could have saved two whole movies (not to mention thousands of lives) if Obi-Wan went after the Emperor himself.