Darth Maul to be resurrected in Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
CriticKitten said:
anthony87 said:
Hell, at least Darth Maul is more of a badass than Grevious.
Pft, that's patently wrong, Grevious is much more of a badass as the guy makes a hobby out of slaying master Jedi. You clearly based that on what you saw in the movies.

I base my assertion on this (might not be canon but screw it, it's AWESOME):

To which I say: NO villain in the prequels is any good, Palpatine being the only arguable exception because he manages to kill multiple Jedi in the span of seconds. Grevious in the films is reduced to being a lightsaber-wielding droid and nothing more, and Darth Maul ends up with a total kill count of one before he's cut in half by a padawan.

Not exactly inspiring villains.
This. Grievous in the movie was a complete wuss; Grievous in Clone Wars however...That Grievous was a freaking jedi shredder, I mean he collects lightsabers. He takes on 5 jedi...at the same time. He nearly took out Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti...
And yet in the movie Obi Wan puts him down without a problem. That made me sad :(

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Meh, just like the other past hypes like the Deathwatch, his so called brother Savage Opress and those force wielders, they all fail to deliver in the series. His present alone will not be significant enough to change that.
Just like them, Maul will get an episode or two and he will either get killed again or just go away and never be mention ever again since after all, he and all the past hypes were not in Revenge of the Sith at all.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
To be fair, Darth Maul has been resurrected in non-canon Expanded Universe stuff, only with big robot legs. So it's not like coming back from the dead is impossible, per se.

Jingle Fett said:
This. Grievous in the movie was a complete wuss; Grievous in Clone Wars however...That Grievous was a freaking jedi shredder, I mean he collects lightsabers. He takes on 5 jedi...at the same time. He nearly took out Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti...
And yet in the movie Obi Wan puts him down without a problem. That made me sad :(
So true. Every time Grievous was on-screen I was just thinking to myself "I want my unstoppable death machine back!"

I mean what does he even do in the film? He runs away from Obi-Wan and Anakin (when even an old dude stood valiantly against them) then later on gets killed by Obi-Wan with little effort.

The guy who nearly killed Ki-Adi-Mundi (a fucking Jedi Master and council member, so equal to Yoda and Mace Windu!) along with 4 other Jedi simultaneously... the film just raped him. Violently. Bareback and with Vaseline somebody spilt sand in.

Shaoken

May 15, 2009
Like people said, this has been done three times before. Also bottomless pits are a nouroriously unreliable way of killing someone. I mean, how many people have fallen to their deaths into bottomless pits and came back later?

So if he could have found a way to survive the fall, he would be fine. Sure he lost his lower half, but the lightsabre would have cauturised the wound, and he wouldn't be the first Dark Jedi to survive such an injury.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
TO be fair, by the time we see Grievous in the third film, he's already been beaten, and heavily damaged. We've seen him like that before when he returned to his home fortress for repairs. But remember, RotS is a bookend. By this time, the war with the trade federation is pretty much coming to a close, like the end of the second world war where Germany was caught between the Allies and the Russians and it really was just a matter of time. The over-arching story was the rise of Emperor Palpatine and the destruction of the jedi.. not the actual CLONE wars. Grievous was pretty much beaten in every way except physically, and his resources were paper thin. By the time he and Obi Wan face off for the final time, he's barely a shade of what he once was. Again this was intentional in the story, just like Count Dooku rapid demise in the third movie. It was about the fall of the "powerful" enemies seemingly all being part of a masterplan for an even greater threat to the galaxy taking over. Dooku and Grievous were just pawns whose time had come to be sacrificed in order to clear the way for the inevitable "checkmate".