Darth Vader Robs a Bank

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I've been making my way through the original trilogy (been a while since I've watched them), and last night I just watched Empire Strikes Back. then I decided to watch some behind the scene stuff about Darth Vader and...

well, the guy certainly matches height-wise...gasp! it IS him! but yeah...

Darth Vader with a gun is like Batman with a gun (oh wait, Kick-Ass the movie lol)

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Baby Eater said:
kibayasu said:
Baby Eater said:
kibayasu said:
Ok, impromptu mask, I get it.

But why the hell would you, when you're about to rob a bank at gunpoint, think "Hm, you know, I should cape too."
Because he's Darth Vader dammit! :p
No, really. Think about it for a second.

I can think of a myriad of situations where you might rob a bank wearing a Darth Vader mask.

I cannot, for the life of me, think of a decent reason where someone would, seriously and in advance, wear a cape as well.
Maybe so it'll be harder for them to describe his body type?
But if you look at the picture, (which I assume is somewhat genuine?) It's a fairly short cape covering only his backside, and from what I know police don't identify people based on the shape of their buttocks. In fact, just about the only thing it could do is get stuck in the door.

Goldhawk777

Jun 3, 2010
Vader has to go out and make that money for the Emperor. He messed up with the defending of the thermal port mission that was only 2 meters wide. Hell, the idiot could have stood in the port and used the force to guide them away...... But I digress, Vader needs to make a living as well, but I am appalled that he used a gun. Simply choking a teller with the power of his mind would have been sufficient.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
New York needs to start looking for Jedi. This could get out of hand very quick if Sith Lords are out perpetrating acts of evil on our planet.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Thorvan said:
Baby Eater said:
kibayasu said:
Baby Eater said:
kibayasu said:
Ok, impromptu mask, I get it.

But why the hell would you, when you're about to rob a bank at gunpoint, think "Hm, you know, I should cape too."
Because he's Darth Vader dammit! :p
No, really. Think about it for a second.

I can think of a myriad of situations where you might rob a bank wearing a Darth Vader mask.

I cannot, for the life of me, think of a decent reason where someone would, seriously and in advance, wear a cape as well.
Maybe so it'll be harder for them to describe his body type?
But if you look at the picture, (which I assume is somewhat genuine?) It's a fairly short cape covering only his backside, and from what I know police don't identify people based on the shape of their buttocks. In fact, just about the only thing it could do is get stuck in the door.
Dollar-Bill, an ancillary "flavor" character from the Watchmen comic died when his cape got stuck in a revolving door and was shot in the face while trying to free it.
Ever wonder why Batman uses windows and skylights?

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Would have thought he would have used storm troopers to do his dirty work...

Then again, he has to pay them so how...

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That is fuckin' genius!

It may be a bad thing to say but i hope he gets away with it.

I don't like criminals but that is just win.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
If this guy gets caught and does jail time, this'll make for one hell of a story coming into the prison... here's hoping there's some other Star Wars fans in there for him to buddy up with. May the Force help him if he ends up sharing a cell with a Trekkie, though...

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
First a prisoner jail breaks with a cardboard box Metal Gear Solid style, now this.

What's next? real life pirates impersonate One Piece characters?

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
He did this because this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4uMlbanB8&videos=M7OwJUSz9Ko just doesn't pay like it used to. He also has to keep up his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRQyS_8sShw&videos=_lEsCSoQUx8 opulent lifestyle.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
This robber wins my favor.
Sure, bank robbery is an awful thing to do, but this man did it in a hilarious way.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
That cashier sure has a nice story to tell now...
"Hey, how was work? We were robbed by Darth Vader" =D

OT: THAT. is an Epic Win

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
He had to resort to robbery because he found his lack of funds disturbing. Wow! I've used that line now twice within 4 hours.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
MrSnugglesworth said:
Thats just... Thats just too good.

I hope they never catch the guy.

He's just to bad ass.
This^ Pretty much went through my mind. It is Awesome that he wore the cape.