Das Keyboard Division Zero X40 Keyboard Review - Clicky Clicky Goodness

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Das Keyboard Division Zero X40 Keyboard Review - Clicky Clicky Goodness

Das Keyboard's X40 is the company's first gamer-targeted release, but does it live up to expectations?

Read Full Article

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I wonder what is with this trend of keyboard companies trying to create their own switches. I can see Logitech and Razer maybe, but is Cherry apparently so expensive/hard to work with that even smaller companies are abandoning them?

It's not knock against them really, but keyboards are really things you have to try out physically before dropping that much money on it. Logitech and Razer are big enough to put display models in stores to try, but these guys... aren't. With Cherry I at least know what I'm getting, and there are sample switches for them.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
hentropy said:
I wonder what is with this trend of keyboard companies trying to create their own switches. I can see Logitech and Razer maybe, but is Cherry apparently so expensive/hard to work with that even smaller companies are abandoning them?

It's not knock against them really, but keyboards are really things you have to try out physically before dropping that much money on it. Logitech and Razer are big enough to put display models in stores to try, but these guys... aren't. With Cherry I at least know what I'm getting, and there are sample switches for them.
It doesn't help that every time a company claims it's developing its "OWN BRAND OF COMPLETELY NEW SWITCHES" they fail to mention which company is producing them. My money would be on Kailh.