Dating Older Women?

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
What's your take on it and advice would be helpful im in a bit of a 'thing'.

Basicly she is a Friends Girlfriends Older Sister. There 10 years between us and alot flirting by text and email.

EDIT: Hoping For Advice About How Not To Fuck Up.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
If i was dating a girl 10 years older id be sorted. though im sure a 26 year old dating a 16 year old is borderline pedo.

Its does not really matter about age. If you like someone you like them. Unless of course you break the law be dating a 13 year old when your 30.

Woodscare

of Awesometon
Sep 18, 2009
I don't mind dating older women, but 10 years is too much of a difference for me. The max is 5 years

KitsunetheFox

Jan 3, 2010
Well, at your age (I presume you are the age it says in your profile), I don't think dating an older woman matters. Whereas at my age, dating an older woman of that magnitude (17 year old dating a 27 year old. Yikes, that may be little far) is not as 'acceptable' in my opinion. My grandfather (now dead) and my grandmother had 7 years between them, they were happily married for many decades, they met (probably, I'm beginning to guess now) when they were roughly your age (I'd estimate).

And as Kevlar Eater said, try not to mention the age difference between you two... or kids.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I, myself, really wouldn't go higher than 5 years older than me because most women at more than 5 years over would typically look down to you or wouldn't have as much respect as you would someone around your age. It's my preference.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
DividedUnity said:
If i was dating a girl 10 years older id be sorted. though im sure a 26 year old dating a 16 year old is borderline pedo.

Its does not really matter about age. If you like someone you like them. Unless of course you break the law be dating a 13 year old when your 30.
Dont worry im 20 (just turned) and she is 29. (despite what my Profile says, I just chose 1980)

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
My mom's a cougar, so I don't find anything weird about it. But that's just me

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
D0WNT0WN said:
DividedUnity said:

Dont worry im 20 and she is 29. (despite what my Profile says, I just chose 1980)
Then you're fine dude.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
PayJ567 said:
I don't know. If it feels good you may as well just do it... What do you loose from this situation?
A few hours sleep and maybe a friend (if im not careful, a bad friend).

I was hoping for advice of how to handle this actually.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I send you "virtual high-fives" good friend. Conquer and if you live to tell the tale, please come share it with us :)

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
There is a supposed formula for guys, to work out what the minimum age is for a girl:

Older persons age: X
Younger persons age: Y

Y>(X/2)+7

Its probably not that well explained, but don't say I didn't try!

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
D0WNT0WN said:
Dont worry im 20 and she is 29. (despite what my Profile says, I just chose 1980)
Many women who are about to hit 30 go through an age crisis and start looking for younger men to make them feel young again. I'm not saying she's doing that since I don't know her, but just be aware that it happens.

Aside from that, if there are real feelings between the two of you, who cares about the age difference?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Whatever makes you happy. My brother is a couple of months away from 25 and his current girlfriend is 34. It's all good.

NeedAUserName said:
There is a supposed formula for guys, to work out what the minimum age is for a girl:

Older persons age: X
Younger persons age: Y

Y>(X/2)+7

Its probably not that well explained, but don't say I didn't try!
Heh, that seems a bit convoluted when "half your age, plus 7" would say exactly the same thing. :p

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
twistedshadows said:
D0WNT0WN said:
Many women who are about to hit 30 go through an age crisis and start looking for younger men to make them feel young again. I'm not saying she's doing that since I don't know her, but just be aware that it happens.

Aside from that, if there are real feelings between the two of you, who cares about the age difference?
I know it is shallow, I dont mind either way. I like her and so I will give it a go but if it doesnt work I can atleast say I have been with an older woman.