Dating Sim Girls Dump Pirates

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
BonsaiK said:
Brilliant. Ubisoft take note (although they won't because Ubisoft never listen to anybody).
See, in Assassin's Creed 2, they could have had it so when you reach the mountains and have to avoid the Borgia troops in the coach chase, have wheels fall off the coach on pirated copies. So that part could be unplayable, and pirates can't progress. Or stop the increase of health and hidden blade upgrades when you find Codex Pages. Or have it so the allied factions are enemies instead. Something like that would have worked, and been much more useful in stopping the pirates. And maybe could have lasted a bit longer too...

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Abedeus said:
Well, that's what they get for PIRATING a DATING SIM.
Yeah, seriously. Considering how many excellent gaming franchises Japan has, pirating a dating sim just seems like a complete waste of time. -_-

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Yes! This is what we need. DRM that punishes pirates, doesn't inconvenience players, and is hilarious. Also, as Funk said, the fact that it's DS really fucks people over. Please developers, take note.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
The DSM said:
Best Anti-Pirate method since Earthbound.

Earthbound deleting your save infornt of the final boss is brutal but this....

This is something else.
I dunno... having a game crash on me and then having my save at the end of the game destroyed would ruin my day. This? Meh.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Deofuta said:
Holy Fricking BRILLIANT!

Give the man who thought this idea up a cookie, he certainly deserves it.
Agreed! That's a brilliant idea. I how interesting would it be if CODMW had an anti piracy measure that changed the story so everybody died in the nuke blast? Or, in Mass Effect, your ship got a "flat tire" and you couldn't fix it no matter what you did because "nobody knows how to work a jack"? Or, in RDR, you're horses kept suddenly dying when you hop on.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is an epic, and novel way to deal with em! I love it! Break there spirits!

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Furburt said:
Heh, that's brilliant. I love those kinds of DRM, we need more of it!

Seriously though, who pirates a dating sim? Hell, who plays dating sims?
I know dating sims are for total loser. Crazy Japanese. Well I'm off to play Dragon Age, Oh Alister *romantic sigh* he's so sweet and funny.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
fleacythesheep said:
Furburt said:

I know dating sims are for total loser. Crazy Japanese. Well I'm off to play Dragon Age, Oh Alister *romantic sigh* he's so sweet and funny.
Damn right, who needs dating sims when I can blue alien side-boob in Mass Effect? Thats what real men do.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Heh, it will get worked around eventually, no doubt.

Still - this is definately an improvement from the developers. Primarily because it indicates at least a hint of humor as opposed to the typically draconian and nebulous DRM schemes.

Moar of this I say!

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
fleacythesheep said:
Furburt said:

It's way cooler to earn the respects of the hawties when you can slaughter vast herds of baddies.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Funniest story for a long while. I can imagine people chugging away for a good while before they realised somehting was wrong. "Why won't she LOVE me? :("