Day Late, Eight Dollars Short - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Wouldukindly said:
I just came back from seeing it, and I greatly enjoyed it. The only downside was that Deadpool's incredibly fun and interesting personality was barely revealed, and then later
completely removed. I mean, turning a Ryan Reynolds' character into a mouthless automaton? Realistically, you could have had Deadpool retain his personality but still work for Stryker. The fight on Three Mile Island would have been far more jazzed up if you had Reynolds spewing dozens of sarcastic comments. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Deadpool slowly dying, only to turn to the camera, break the fourth wall and say 'That's all, folks!'
I know! *Cries*
That did make me mad. Dead Pool is my favourite character.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Wouldukindly said:
I just came back from seeing it, and I greatly enjoyed it. The only downside was that Deadpool's incredibly fun and interesting personality was barely revealed, and then later
completely removed. I mean, turning a Ryan Reynolds' character into a mouthless automaton? Realistically, you could have had Deadpool retain his personality but still work for Stryker. The fight on Three Mile Island would have been far more jazzed up if you had Reynolds spewing dozens of sarcastic comments. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Deadpool slowly dying, only to turn to the camera, break the fourth wall and say 'That's all, folks!'
I know! *Cries*
It made me sad, as well... but once his mouth was cut back open, the term "merc with a mouth" suddenly has even MORE meaning. I still wish they had left his personality intact, though.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
Nurofen said:
I hate Hugh Jackman, so will never watch this. Ever.
Good review though.
Why? He's such a nice person, what could he have done to attract your hatred?

On-topic: Interesting review. Until I reached the end, I felt that it was more negative than positive; that may have just been my addled brain from the lack of sleep I've had. Well written, with an amusing end.
For some reason, I've always thought of Gambit as French. I'm not entirely sure why, but I remember seeing him portrayed as a Frenchman in my first experience of his character. Oh well, my mistake I guess.

brabz

Jan 3, 2008
I saw it last night, and was generally underwhelmed. Have to agree that it would have been nice to develop the supporting characters at the beginning a little more. Why bother to get solid actors like Dominic Monaghan, Ryan Reynolds, and a surprising Will i Am for such short time and limited development?

By the same token, the end of the movie and superfluous extra characters as a nod to the previous movies added unnecessary bloat to the run time. I will also say that the CG:
on Patrick Stewart's face is unsettling(as it was in X3) and his appearance at the end was completely unecessary, much like including Cyclops in the storyline.

The other thing I would throw out is that I didn't like the Gambit setup at all. The random appearance of Daniel Negreanu(pro-poker player) was just odd, and his accent bothered me. He's supposed to have a Cajun(French and Southern mix) accent, and it was more of an inconsistend light Southern drawl that irked me.

Pretty well done review; covered the bases pretty well and nice structure.