Day One DLC : Other problems it can cause.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Day one DLC always sparks up a debate, but I'm posting this to show how it has recently screwed me over and how I have been denied access to game content that i have paid for.

My problem is with the Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Pack DLC.

Now I have recently bought all 3 games for PS3 along with all DLC so i can marathon through them all for the first time.

However the Cerberus Pack DLC code has an expiration date (Jan 1st 2012) so i can't download the content. The problem is caused due to EA and their former need for online passes, now however on PC, Xbox and US PSN/SEN the content can be downloaded for free. But not on the UK store.

I have tried contacting both EA and SONY on this problem and it seems I will never have access to the DLC, which honestly has pissed me off.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/yK5zR9c.png
More visible through the link.

Contacting Playstation support is pointless, It's always an automated reply that doesn't even address the issue.

Also I have a US account, but downloading the DLC from the US network prevents it from working with a UK Mass effect 2 disk.

I decided to make this post for:
- A bit of a rant
- Cause discussion and highlight potential problems around day one DLC and online passes
- Any adivce on how to get the DLC so i have access to the full ME experience the first time playing it.

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
This also happened a lot with Games For Windows Live preorder bonuses, where the bonus was a code you had to enter on the GFWL storefront. Often codes would be rejected, offers expired, or the install of the game not recognized.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Speaking of GFWL, Dark Souls finally purged itself of its taint and is now integrated with Steamworks. With the DSFIX mod the game finally feels like a proper port and the community is coming back to it.

I'm sure it is a rare occurance, but it seems like some games/dlc can be savaged given time and demand. I wouldn't count on EA to be a company that gives a damn about that sort of thing, however.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Kinda reminds me of the whole Mass Effect Trilogy DLC issue. How PS3 owners got every DLC, besides Pinnicle Station, free on disk.[footnote]Sadly, the Cerburus Pack still requires download[/footnote]. Xbox users had to buy all of the DLC for every game. Talk about EA showing favorites.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation though. It doesn't seem intentionally malicious, just every company seems to overlook anyone who isn't U.S. Hopefully at some point, someone comes along and updates it.

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, there are still a bunch of skins for God of War III that you can't get anywhere anymore. As a completionist it really pisses me off, but there's nothing to be done about it.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Elfgore said:
It doesn't seem intentionally malicious, just every company seems to overlook anyone who isn't U.S. Hopefully at some point, someone comes along and updates it.
Oh I know for certain that it isn't malicious, I'm just trying to show how by taking a chunk out of an already complete game just for EA to earn more money (The Cerebus pack was tied to online pass) can end up screwing over paying customers. It brings it back to the topic that a lot of people make about how pirates actually get the better full experience over paying customers which isn't right.

Elfgore said:
Kinda reminds me of the whole Mass Effect Trilogy DLC issue. How PS3 owners got every DLC, besides Pinnicle Station, free on disk.. Xbox users had to buy all of the DLC for every game. Talk about EA showing favorites.
This could be due to Mass Effect one and it's console exclusivity to the Xbox though? I know the first game is only available on digital download for PS3. I think the series as a whole ended up finally coming to PS3 five years after the first game came out so it may be their way of making it up to the users.

That's why I've only just got around to playing it haha