Days Gone E3 Demo Features a Giant Zombie Bear

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Days Gone E3 Demo Features a Giant Zombie Bear

Sony showed off its open-world action game Days Gone yesterday, and punctuated it with the appearance of a zombie bear.

Days Gone was first shown off at E3 last year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167742-Sony-Bend-Introduces-Days-Gone-at-E3-With-Trailer], where a gameplay demo showed the game's main character, Deacon St. John, fighting (and avoiding) hordes of zombie-like creatures. This year's E3 features another look at the gameplay in Sony Bend's upcoming open-world action title.

After watching that trailer, you may be asking yourself, "Was that a zombie bear I just saw?" Yes, it was a zombie bear. You also see Deacon use a kind of detective vision to track his missing friend, and then he uses environmental traps to sneak past a large group of enemies.

The game looks interesting, but there are still plenty of things we don't know about it just yet. Sony has yet to announce a release date.

[gallery=7506]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Completely ignoring any and all context, this is highly misrepresentative of me and my species! I mean, well I did get caught in barbed wire once and stepped on a plank of rusty nails that sort of sent me into a furious rage, but that was once! And there were only 5 human casualties that may have lead to mortalities, but after that incident with the bear-trap landing accidentally on the bystander's face, I couldn't really stick around to find out.

#Notallbears #Notallzombiebears #Ohcrapidontknowwhathashtagtouse #Amiazombie

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Completely ignoring any and all context, this is highly misrepresentative of me and my species! I mean, well I did get caught in barbed wire once and stepped on a plank of rusty nails that sort of sent me into a furious rage, but that was once! And there were only 5 human casualties that may have lead to mortalities, but after that incident with the bear-trap landing accidentally on the bystander's face, I couldn't really stick around to find out.

#Notallbears #Notallzombiebears #Ohcrapidontknowwhathashtagtouse #Amiazombie
I, for one, am totally with you. Just because bears always eat people doesn't mean you're violent...even though you do eat people and support the eating of people by fellow bears. Besides, I'm sure you practice a bear religion of peace.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I don't know. I can't help but think of another highly ambitious game with an open world and motorcycles that was complete shit. Probably not the best thing to be associated with.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Huh. Did we really need two 3rd person mixmash-mechanics zombie games at the same time from the same company? (This and Last of Us 2)

There's enough of the zombie stuff flooded everywhere without one company deciding to double down on it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saltyk said:
I don't know. I can't help but think of another highly ambitious game with an open world and motorcycles that was complete shit. Probably not the best thing to be associated with.
I know we went on a ride to hell with that, but maybe this will be the genre's retribution?

Seth Carter said:
Huh. Did we really need two 3rd person mixmash-mechanics zombie games at the same time from the same company? (This and Last of Us 2)

There's enough of the zombie stuff flooded everywhere without one company deciding to double down on it.
Well, Sony's only the publisher, not the developer. I will admit it looks like it's wearing the same skin as 'The Last of Us', but, well, zombies are a thing. Always have been, always will be. :(