Days Gone PC Gameplay Revealed, Launches May 18th

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I guess that would partially explain why it’s the freebie this month on PSN. Considering how buggy Horizon’s PC version was at launch though, I’ll be perfectly ok with waiting this out. Still, the thought of playing this sans all the technical shortcomings that apparently plagued the PS4 version is highly appealing.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I didn't care for the game much on PS4. I thought it was fairly lackluster, but maybe the PC crowd will pull off crazy shit with mods.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

He may have a point, but who can blame people for taking advantage of sales. Especially when your game optimization is kinda shit at launch.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
He may have a point, but who can blame people for taking advantage of sales. Especially when your game optimization is kinda shit at launch.
I fine it really hard to justify buying game at full price when I know nowaday they'll hit 50% off within 3-6 months, with a few games being 50% in a months. I wish the industry used a more sensible sales strategy, maybe like no big discount for 2 years but sometime price game lower.

Also sony not greenlighting daysgone 2 mean the money will go somewhere else, maybe a new IP or maybe sequel to other games.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Base game at launch= $60.
Zombies (-$20) = $40
Open World (-$10) = $30
Unlikable protagonist (-$10)= $20
No Sequel? = Don't care.

My math doesn't match his.

If it's a base price of $70, then that's an automatic -$20 off the bat, because greed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Base game at launch= $60.
Zombies (-$20) = $40
Open World (-$10) = $30
Unlikable protagonist (-$10)= $20
No Sequel? = Don't care.

My math doesn't match his.

If it's a base price of $70, then that's an automatic -$20 off the bat, because greed.
More gamers need to follow your example.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Horizon Zero Dawn was obvious, but this game? Of all the Playstation greats this generation? Or I guess last generation. I wonder if Sony leaves it up to the devs themselves to decide whether things get ported or not.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know, at first I thought these ps games coming to pc had to do something with how popular these games are, but now I think it's something else

Here's the little chart that I made:
GameCopies soldReleased on pc/coming to pc?
Bloodborne2 million by April 2015No
Last of Us17 million copies combined from ps3 and ps4 by april 2018No
Uncharted 48.4 million copies by December 2016No
God of War (2018)10 million copies by by May 2019No
Detroit become human3.2 million by October 2019Yes
Horizon Zero dawn7.6 million by Feburary 2018Yes
Death Stranding*On the PlayStation Network, the game has reached an estimated total of 3 million players, including an estimated 390,000 monthly active users, as of April 2020Yes
Days Gone114,319 physical units. Couldn't find the extact copies sold world-wideYes
* For Death Stranding, this was the best number I could find

Yeah, so I think it has nothing to do with how popular the games are. For example, given how insanely popular the souls games are, we all know Bloodborne and Demons Soul's remake would sell like hotcakes if they were to be released on pc. While Demon's Souls remake is understandable being a ps5 launch title, so was Godfall and it still came out on pc via Epic Game Store.

Or am I missing something here? Could it be it has something do with licensing issue? Or is Sony blindly picking which games will be on pc?

Last edited: