DC Superheroes Team Up in First Justice League Trailer

Feb 26, 2014
I'm hesitant to get excited for this. There was just so much to hate about BvS, and I somehow doubt things have gotten any better. I mean, I love these characters, a lot, but BvS was just a cluster fuck of awful. The difference between Warner Bros. and Marvel's approach to bringing these characters to life isn't just in tone.

It's like Marvel asked themselves, "How do we bring our characters to life with the personalities and traits that fans love?" and DC asked, "How do we fuck up all the loveable aspects of our characters?". From the shitty Kents, to emo Superman, to branding psychopath Batman, I've just lost all faith in WB. At this point I'm just wondering how they'll fuck up Cyborg and Aquaman. The Flash looks fine, but Aquaman looks and sounds like a southern metal fan and Cyborg... doesn't look like he's going to be saying Boo-yah. He honestly looks like he's going to be boring, which is disappointing.

008Zulu said:
Bob_McMillan said:
I was not excited at all when they showed them.
Seeing Cyborg being built by the Mother Box (a series of MacGuffins with powers that more or less correlate to Marvel's Infinity Stones) was funny. And a stark (pun intended) reminder that DC seem to be copying everything Marvel is doing, except the success.
Isn't that his New 52 origin, though? His father tried, and failed, to make him a cyborg and used the Motherbox to fix him up.

Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
People are acusing Michael Bay of a Feminist Conspiracy?
Probably because of this:
Gonna be honest, that dialogue is just god awful. And so preachy, which is weird coming from the series with racist caricatures, giant robots with testicles, and a card carrying pedophile (I'm exaggerating, I know, but it's a really weird thing to put in a movie and to have a character carry in his wallet.)

And... is Mark Wahlberg treating Grimlock like a dog..? It was bad enough when they did it to Bumblebee, but... I want this movie to fail so badly.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Captain Marvelous said:
Isn't that his New 52 origin, though? His father tried, and failed, to make him a cyborg and used the Motherbox to fix him up.
I never followed Cyborg. But him being black, and the scientist in BvS was white. Maybe if adopted.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Another year, another set of shitty DC movies. This time with CG bullshit that seems excessive, even by Snyder standards.

Can't wait for all of the "2deep4u" comments and RT boycotts.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
They were in the cinematic release, which is honestly even worse. I was not excited at all when they showed them. Especially Aquaman's, he looked ridiculous.
I liked the trailers, but they had no business being in the movie. Especially considering the placing of that scene - Batman has suited up into his Bat-mech and turned on the Bat-Signal, Superman has just realised the dilemma Luthor has put him in, everything is building to the title fight, and...we cut to Wonder Woman in her hotel bathrobe, checking her email. To find an email from Bruce, that he just sent. From...his Bat-mech, apparently, right before he gets started with hunting a bulletproof demigod with laser eyes.

They should have just cut that entire scene, put it on Youtube after the film released. Generate some buzz, free up 5 minutes of an overlong movie.

008Zulu said:
Captain Marvelous said:
I never followed Cyborg. But him being black, and the scientist in BvS was white. Maybe if adopted.
No, the scientist in the BvS cameo was black. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRj7n7CqsX8] Specifically, it's Joe Morton [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morton], aka Dr. Miles Dyson from Terminator 2.

Also, yes. Cyborg's New 52 origin has him being crippled during Darkseid's invasion and "repaired" using a Motherbox that Silas Stone had confiscated in S.T.A.R. Labs. As well as a bunch of other stuff, but mostly the Motherbox.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
bastardofmelbourne said:
No, the scientist in the BvS cameo was black. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRj7n7CqsX8] Specifically, it's Joe Morton [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morton], aka Dr. Miles Dyson from Terminator 2.
Huh. Could have sworn he was white. Maybe was Snyder's crappy colours that threw me off.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
008Zulu said:
OT; I wonder how long in to the movie it will take for them to resurrect Superman. I will guess it'll be 4 days. Because symbolism, and Snyder has no concept of subtlety.
Going by Suicide Squad, the timeframe is much longer.

Captain Marvelous said:
Gonna be honest, that dialogue is just god awful. And so preachy, which is weird coming from the series with racist caricatures, giant robots with testicles, and a card carrying pedophile (I'm exaggerating, I know, but it's a really weird thing to put in a movie and to have a character carry in his wallet.)

And... is Mark Wahlberg treating Grimlock like a dog..? It was bad enough when they did it to Bumblebee, but... I want this movie to fail so badly.
God damn it, did you have to include that link? Because thanks to you, I was directed to YouTube, where the dregs of humanity gather.

Because make no mistake, the dialogue is...iffy, at least in the sense of how it's presented in the trailer, that in a film named "Transformers," there's a random kid that takes top billing. But that's nothing compared to the SQWs on YouTube. Ah, yes, because Transformers was such a quality film series, those evil feminists had to come and ruin what could have otherwise been a masterpiece.

Y'know, as cringy as some of the dialogue is, the presence of a female that isn't over-sexualized in Bayformers is nothing short of a bloody miracle at this point. 0_0

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hawki said:
Going by Suicide Squad, the timeframe is much longer.
That was my impression too, but, Amanda Waller isn't known for sitting on her laurels. She could have started getting the Squad together after Superman appeared, as a means of possibly confronting him should he go rogue. That levitating dirt on Supe's coffin suggests a short death period. It probably is months though. Being buried for that long would suffocate him, he still needs to breathe. I hope they don't go with an amnesiac Superman digging himself up and becoming a wandering hobo.