de-rez: Behind the Game: Valve

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Behind the Game: Valve

Chris Slack takes us behind the scenes at Valve, for a glimpse into how they make their games great.

squishfase

Aug 8, 2008
I have to agree with you. Where's the guy that played Goro on the old De-Rez's? He was the highlight of every episode he was in imo. They've kinda gone downhill with just Chris Slack playing all the parts

Feb 13, 2008
Bah...I'm still laughing at that. Not 'funny' funny, but still frickin' hilarious.

I think the thing is that Chris's humour is a lot darker than people are used to.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Mine is taking ages to load. All the escapist videos used to load in a second but now I have to wait at least 10 minutes to watch them. Anyone else have this problem?

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
This episode is funny, but in a much drier way than usual.
Therefore not all viewers will be able to appreciate it.
I enjoyed it!

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Hah, love it. "Guess that's why Doom 3 was shit!"

I like the way he came up with portal, it's inspiring.

TheBadass post=6.71050.712210 said:
I feel bad for laughing at the Stephen Hawking joke.
He'll get his own back tomorrow!

SlimSpaceman

Feb 6, 2008
Haha, the Steven Hawking part was funny. The previous episode (F*** Microsoft) was the funniest though.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
That was a pretty good episode. Not the best, but the dry humor was appreciated. I was just a bit thrown by the length! After the loading bar showed ten minuets, I though I was in for a sweet 6 min episode. The abrupt ending caught me out a bit.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Haha Great! I loved the scene about Gabe breaking things including men's spirits. Not a metaphor.

mhitman

Sep 10, 2008
I've watched this video honestly 10 times in a row and i still find it hilarious!

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
I liked this one, only I'm wondering where all Chris's co-stars have gone, they havent had "Artistic Differences" have they?

-Steven Hawking "He was fine, obviously. but... is that really the way to design a physics engine?"