de-rez: Clan Excelsior

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Clan Excelsior

de-rez follows the members of clan Excelsior, Roosevelt, Flower_Glove and 4ppl3_d3luX3 to one of the biggest LANS in Britain.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I now have a very unpleasent image stuck in my head, & have this episode to thank :-D

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
"We have a console tard" I prefer the controller to the keyboard and mouse, and I play consoles AND PC,and that somes up most pc gamers. Saying that, most consolers are twats.

NOW for the vid, DE-REZ, the jack thompson movie was great, do something like that!

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Sorry guys, this isn't as good as your normal standard. But Pokemon Red is completelly awesome.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Xwii360 said:
Calling us console-tards? alright I'll pay 380 bucks for my 360 while you go pay 3000 dollars for your "supereior" PC
Struck a nerve did it? Repeat after me: "It is a joke."

They were making fun of themselves ;)

Besides, $3000 for a computer, try closer to $600 if you put it together yourself.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
My right eyebrow lifted high past my hairline at the start of this video, raised by the hopes of a Athene (or at least Pure Pwnage) kind of parody on popular gaming groups in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, I was left very disappointed. My oh-so-curious eyebrow stayed in that position for the duration of the video, and had to be lured down by the smell of mince pies later*. I think I was initially disappointed by the clan guys in this video. They simply defined generic; which is awesome, except the audience of The Escapist is anything but generic. 'What about everyone who watches Zero Punctuation!', I hear you cry. Yes, well some of them may very well fit into the humour that is being forced upon us in this episode of De-Rez, but unfortunately, none of them actually appear to watch the series so such creative outbursts and characterisation is wasted on a crowd which cares little for such sentiments.

TBH, I thought it would take an original angle, like having a group of knights (as implied by the bloody clan name) stop across the land to play computer games with one another to disastrous results. Heck, you'd think you'd at least be able to afford such costumes when you're living in such grand houses and playing on such 'behemoth' machines, eh?

As always, a great concept, but pulled off with all the grace of a swan amputee.

*Look! I made a funny.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Xwii360 said:
Calling us console-tards? alright I'll pay 380 bucks for my 360 while you go pay 3000 dollars for your "supereior" PC
I'm going to meet everyone half way and say whatever floats my boat.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh great, now escapist is stooping to the low of turning everything into a console war.

I guess if zero punctuation doesn't say it, then it's considered "serious".

I was gonna comment about the video but what's the point? All the console tards are going to come up and say "I'm offended PC sucks CUZ [insert popular myth here]!" - but then go to Yahtzee's topic and say "LOL UR SO FUNNY. 'Console-Tard' LOL, Hilarious!"

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
I hate when the computer geeks make us ps3ers and the other consoletards cooperate.
Does nobody know there is a war going on.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
The video was not as funny as some of the comments. The video used irony to make fun of the PC gamers while praising the console gamers. Can't any of you see that?

This video (while not as good as others) was good. I am wondering though, what more ideas you can use?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Fire Daemon said:
The video was not as funny as some of the comments. The video used irony to make fun of the PC gamers while praising the console gamers. Can't any of you see that?
That is half-right, not saying it's also "half-wrong" since you (unlike others) know the general idea of the vid. but, instead of "making fun of PC gamers" they are just making fun of the hardcore tournament going PC gamers. (Like Clan Excelsior - yes, they are real)

instead of a "PC vs Console" this was more of a "Gaming as a lifestyle Vs. Gaming as a hobby or fun time killing activity."

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
I am wondering though, what more ideas you can use?
I agree, so far every De-Rez has been an 'original idea' (not one idea streeeettttched out into a series). Hopefully De-Rez can keep this series as fresh as it has been so far - thats the beauty of the series - don't know whats coming next! Keep up the brave work, and expect different reactions/views based on your latest idea/concept.

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
Xwii360 said:
although I don't really want to be dragged into a flame war, can I assume that by posting here you paid for an xbox 360 and a computer?

KiiWii

Feb 3, 2008
Skrapt said:
Xwii360 said:
although I don't really want to be dragged into a flame war, can I assume that by posting here you paid for an xbox 360 and a computer?
haha, pwnd dude.
And its a joke guys, calm down. If you like what you're playing then you wont care what other people think about it. Unless your all your just sadomasochists. Why does everything have to be a war nowadays anyway?

And i enjoyed the video too, seems like you guys are running a bit dry though, hope you can keep improving it.

Mogsam

Jun 4, 2008
For God's sake Phil why do you insist on never wearing trousers. First Speedo's then boxers. I've seen your man goodies way too much!

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
sorry guys but this was not as good as the last few, you had been on a bit of a roll of good ones so i'm hoping this is just a momentary blip.