de-rez: F*** Microsoft!

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
This was pretty good, for what it was. It could have been longer, though, with a bit more substance.

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Not a funny episode, but it was entertaining.
I thought that the camera work, narration and editing were good.

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
"Yes it would be gay, but we at Microsoft are not homophobic"

If I weren't in the office I would have lol'd so hard.

I also enjoyed ads, overall this video is really great, way better than the guide to cool, and less phoned it than moments in Yahtzee's biggest fan.

I rate it ex aequo with the previous episode.

Kemmler0

Sep 10, 2007
What the hell dude.

You had Microsofts endless list of screw ups to tear into, and you made one gay joke??

But what a great joke! If your audience is a about 5 years old.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
The last few were gold, but this one was sort of a let-down. The cuts to all of the ads and the interview didn't establish a central character, so it felt like randomness just for the sake of it. The gay joke and the "Fuck Microsoft" definitely got a laugh, though.

Freakmonkey9

Aug 28, 2008
Once again it started out a 4/5 then slowly declined to a 2.5/5. If he would just focus on one theme whether it was making fun of MS or Pro Gamers then it would have been great.

Jackpot

Mar 21, 2008
please add some jokes next time. every chanche I give de rez winds up with me wishing to have those 4 minutes back.

Matty-C

Jul 23, 2008
It wasn't really funny, but that's not why I love de-rez. ZP & Unforgotten Realms are under so much pressure to be funny that they're always the same, and therefore lose their entertainmenting-ness. I'm always interested to see what Chris is gonna do next because, even if it ain't hilarious, it's always amusing on some level.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This was funny but I think there was a bit of a missed opportunity considering all the xbox jokes you could have made. Still, "The only injury you'll receive is to your wallet" made me lmao.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Really? the deadpan commercial hat me in stitches. The skit on pro-gamers worked well too. While the perfume commercial didn't work quite as well (the montage with tthe Xbox fit seemed to have a few unnecessary seconds of footage (around 3:06), the overall video was altogether well done in a deadpan sort of way. This one is certainly joining my list of deRez favourites.

Why didn't everyone take as fondly to it?

DeadMG

Oct 1, 2007
I enjoyed this one as well. Perhaps the people who didn't laugh just didn't understand some of the jokes?