de-rez: Jack Thompson The Movie

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Jack Thompson The Movie

This week de-rez airs on it's new day with a behind the scenes look at Jack Thompson the Movie, directed by Uwe Boll.

Watch Video

cosmolu

May 20, 2008
Awesome! The best De-Rez yet! I appreciate the more conservative approach to editing: things move along at a brisk pace and no joke tends to overstay its welcome. Great work!

Watershed

Dec 10, 2007
"If anyone doesn't like my movie, I will challenge them to boxing match." The scary part is, that actually happened.

10/10, genuinely funny, the ultra violent Jack Thompson cracked me up. "You need us Jack..." :D

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
In the escapist "News Panel":
20 May 3:30pm: "Vice City Wrongful Death Suit Dismissed"
19 May 8:30pm: "Uwe Boll Issues 'Four Screens Fiasco' statement"
16 May 8:00pm: "Postal Movie Release Cut To Four Screens".
and several recent Rockstar/GTA4 articles.

Then on [email protected]:00pm: "De-Rez: Jack Thompson The Movie by Uwe Boll"

De-Rez, that must be 'ESP' at its very best, so topical that its verging on 'visionary'!

The last few episodes have been great, I applaud your achievements in writing and producing such episodes with less than a 2 week turnaround!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
BEST THING SINCE THE RESIDENT EVIL VIDEO, WHAT IS YOUR PAYPAL, I WANT TO PAY YOU!

I seriously loved this, and it brings a point, rockstar needs Jack, and reversed.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Better, definitely better. But why do we need Jack? He's gonna sue you guys, you realize that, don't you?

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I was hesitent at first on seeing this was Jack Thompson the movie...But that was by far the best episode yet. An Action Thriller loosely based on JT vs Videogames is something Id pay to see :-D

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
Brilliant, if you guys make a full length version of Jack Thompson the movie, I'd buy a ticket. I don't think Uwe's up to anything later on this year, e-mail him the concept/script. It would probably be his finest work.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Topical and actually funny. Includes quotes which actually sound like stuff that Uwe Boll would say!

You guys really need an editor for your little sub-titles, though.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
The Reverend said:
Brilliant, if you guys make a full length version of Jack Thompson the movie, I'd buy a ticket. I don't think Uwe's up to anything later on this year, e-mail him the concept/script. It would probably be his finest work.
Second

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
When I saw that you would be spoofing Jack Thompson, I was hoping that it wouldn't be like what you did with him last week. I was very pleasantly surprised. The random blood splatters were hilarious and the writing really hit the right notes with laughs and pacing. Well done.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
sirdanrhodes said:
BEST THING SINCE THE RESIDENT EVIL VIDEO, WHAT IS YOUR PAYPAL, I WANT TO PAY YOU!
We pay them so you don't have to. Just don't steal the video and all will be good.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Ya, good video, but more off-topic, why are Revlon advertising on the Escapist of all places?

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Excellent scripting! The only thing missing was Uwe Boll saying something about how much hot sex is in the movie ^^

Ravenlock80

Oct 28, 2007
Time 'til Jack Thompson files suit against the filmmakers for "threatening" him by making a parody in which it is implied he commits suicide:

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Easykill said:
Better, definitely better. But why do we need Jack? He's gonna sue you guys, you realize that, don't you?
its the publicity that he creates. thats what they were implying.

on another note, well done, men. a quality and timely peice that combines two villains for a great video. the jokes dont overstay their welcome and at the same time leave just the right amount of time afterwards for them to be funny. also sound was well done. good job!

Soulfein

Dec 20, 2007
I found this funny because it deviated from the same old Jacky boy and Uwe Boll jokes. A golfers clap for you.

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
For me, no offense, but De-Rez is sorta losing its touch to me. I used to watch it all the way through, but ever since the mortal combat one, I now watch a minute, then go to something else. We need more humor and video game mockups!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Ok, this really is the best one yet, I'm also glad this wasn't just a "make fun of Jack by doing a bad impression of him" kind of thing, the premise of this one really was just brilliant.

Get a better looking AK though! That thing was tiny and looked like Fisher Price made it, unless that was the point (hence the 'shooting') - then I'm sorry. :(

btw how much Gum did stride give you for this?

Booze Zombie said:
Keep going guys, you're getting awesome, though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
What are you a fanboy? Try not to turn stuff into a "yahtzee vs. [whatever]" war, especially when you just spurt something out like that, seriously, what do you even mean by "got nothing on yahtzee." - is everyone at the escapist conspiring against him or something?

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
Genius! And now weekly! Excessive exclamation marks!!!

Booze Zombie said:
though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
Although your work is substantially better than that produced by my cat, the cat's cinematography skills in particular are very poor.

Note to Booze Zombie: You're comparing apples and oranges giant man eating mutant squid dude.

I have nothing more to say.

Sibren

May 13, 2008
So far I wasn't to impressed by De-Rez, that has changed now. Awesome movie, really well done. Keep this up!

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Ok, this really is the best one yet, I'm also glad this wasn't just a "make fun of Jack by doing a bad impression of him" kind of thing, the premise of this one really was just brilliant.

Get a better looking AK though! That thing was tiny and looked like Fisher Price made it, unless that was the point (hence the 'shooting') - then I'm sorry. :(

Booze Zombie said:
Keep going guys, you're getting awesome, though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
What are you a fanboy? Try not to turn stuff into a "yahtzee vs. [whatever]" war, especially when you just spurt something out like that, seriously, what do you even mean by "got nothing on yahtzee." - is everyone at the escapist conspiring against him or something?
I complimented the de-rez team, but said they had nothing on Yahtzee, why did I do that? Let's review: They're both on the same website, they both focus on games and they both use humor.

Gee, could I be implying Yahtzee's funnier than them but that de-rez isn't rubbish at humor, either? Doh! I should have said that! Oh, wait...

Seriously, what the hell?

Where did I mention war or any form of competition?
Too many negative thoughts floating around in your head, perhaps?
A compensatory lifestyle of insults you thought once behind you, bouncing around inside that mind of yours, ready to resurface at the slightest nudge?

You got on my ass about my comment of them not being as funny as the site's main attraction, seriously.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Hmmm... Who'll sue first: Jack or Uwe? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

In short, great film thingy.

Now, I have to wait for ZP, while waiting for Unforgotten Realms to load and stuff. Thanks, Escapist!

Melaisis said:
Includes quotes which actually sound like stuff that Uwe Boll would say!
Entertainingly, the ending bit, starting at Michael Bay, was ACTUALLY SAID by Uwe Boll, as he was saying that he'd quit if a petition telling him to stop making horrible films got 1000000 signatures.

It's at around 300000 now, give or take a few 100000 or so.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
This was bloody brilliant, keep it up.

"They left me alone....in the dark....in the rain...with my movie"

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Booze Zombie said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:

Booze Zombie said:
I complimented the de-rez team, but said they had nothing on Yahtzee, why did I do that? Let's review: They're both on the same website, they both focus on games and they both use humor.

Gee, could I be implying Yahtzee's funnier than them but that de-rez isn't rubbish at humor, either? Doh! I should have said that! Oh, wait...

Seriously, what the hell?

Where did I mention war or any form of competition?
Too many negative thoughts floating around in your head, perhaps?
A compensatory lifestyle of insults you thought once behind you, bouncing around inside that mind of yours, ready to resurface at the slightest nudge?

You got on my ass about my comment of them not being as funny as the site's main attraction, seriously.
That was by far the biggest over-reaction I've seen on an internet forum - it's ok to assume things on the web, but you took it too far[/i], but seriously, look at all of what you typed, you really think I could get all that from your one vague sentence?

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
"I am not a fucking retard like Micheal Bay, ok!?"

Great vid guys, gave me a good chuckle.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
That was by far the biggest over-reaction I've seen on an internet forum - it's ok to assume things on the web, but you took it too far[/i], but seriously, look at all of what you typed, you really think I could get all that from your one vague sentence?
What I'm trying to say is it seems like you jumped on my ass for a minor reason and I didn't like it.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Landslide said:
Copter400 said:
Ya, good video, but more off-topic, why are Revlon advertising on the Escapist of all places?
I'm sure some of our users use lipstick.
Games+Men= Lipstick.
Its so simple!

On topic, this vid didn't make me laugh just smile the whole way through. Plus it left me felling satisfied

Crowbites

Jan 10, 2008
This doesn't make any sense at all. If Uwe Boll had directed any of those scenes they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as they were.

Hilarious anyway.

bounceback11

Jan 28, 2008
Everytime de-rez takes a step forward it takes two steps back somewhere else. ok so this episode the editing was better and you stopped mercilessly beating the jokes but it just wasn't funnt at all. Uwe Boll is funny cos he says dumb stuff and actually BELIEVES it as does jack thompson whereas you guys are just saying dumb stuff. I can see a jack black movie if i want that kinda crap

boabyfett

May 23, 2008
brilliant

i came here for yat... yatz... yatttta....

that reviewer bloke.

but stay here for de-rez

finally rehistered to say that was brilliant guys.

cheers for cheering up a sad rangers fan

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
bounceback11 said:
Everytime de-rez takes a step forward it takes two steps back somewhere else. ok so this episode the editing was better and you stopped mercilessly beating the jokes but it just wasn't funnt at all. Uwe Boll is funny cos he says dumb stuff and actually BELIEVES it as does jack thompson whereas you guys are just saying dumb stuff. I can see a jack black movie if i want that kinda crap
Just saying dumb stuff? It seems like you've missed the whole point man, this is a parody - just in case you forgot.

Jofrak

May 25, 2008
<3 The phil. Hate to say it but there were only a few bits that made me giggle. Will be tuning in for the next episode in hope of a few more chuckles ^.^

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
gotta admit it was good but i prefered the resi-evil 1.... anywho, love the videos keep em comin!!!!

DGKT93

May 24, 2008
yahtzee fans may hate me 4 sayin this but i prefer this to zero punctuation

whistleduck

Mar 27, 2008
everyone's entitled to their opinion, plus that's the reason that the escapist have two different styles on board because different things appeal to different people so hopefully by looking around, everyone will find something that appeals.

& some, like me, love them both!

yay! :D

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I have to disagree with the rest of the mindless fanboys. The Jack portions were good, but the sections with Uwe Boll kinda detracted from the whole thing. Generally, the scripting for those scenes was fairly loose and having him talk about how awesome he was didn't add anything. I'd say if you had have made the whole thing about scenes from the movie, and kept the same level of scripting and action, then it would have been far better.

I'd love to see you redo this one day like that. There can be action! Adventure! Sad love! Buddy cop fun!

manutdfan

Jul 7, 2008
I really like the music during the Jack Thompson thingy that plays after movies on this site - does anyone know the artist/track name? Especially the heavy rock bit right at the end. Thanks beforehand :)

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Nerdfury said:
I have to disagree with the rest of the mindless fanboys. The Jack portions were good, but the sections with Uwe Boll kinda detracted from the whole thing. Generally, the scripting for those scenes was fairly loose and having him talk about how awesome he was didn't add anything. I'd say if you had have made the whole thing about scenes from the movie, and kept the same level of scripting and action, then it would have been far better.

I'd love to see you redo this one day like that. There can be action! Adventure! Sad love! Buddy cop fun!
I found those funny because most of the stuff are things he has actually said ^^ Humor by recognition!

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
I found this episode funny because Uwe Boll was taken the piss out of! Jack Thompson movie with the bits form jack thompson were the Uwe Boll standard of shittiness but they were just so funny because de-rez is so much better! I mean they make an excellent attempt to piss Uwe Boll off and they made us all laugh and most of the things said were stuff that was actually said. Bloody excellent that episode of de-rez was!

Bob Saget

Jul 24, 2008
That has to be the single greatest Jack Thompson (and Uwe Boll) parody on the internet to date. I give kudos to the De-Rez guys for this! =D

Anfield1892TheGrave

Sep 20, 2008
Immense respect needs to be given for the brilliant portrayal of the standard in mediocrity, Uwe Boll. This episode is hands down the funniest and most imaginative that I have seen so far.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Lol! I always wanted to see a parody like this, but never thought anyone would make one.

Can you do "Uwe Boll" the movie, as directed by Micheal Bay, Woody Allen, or Ed Wodd? XD

Dsdude

Dec 26, 2009
I want to recompile all the bits from the "movie" and make a real one! This would make such an epic movie.