de-rez: Jack Thompson The Movie

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Ya, good video, but more off-topic, why are Revlon advertising on the Escapist of all places?

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Excellent scripting! The only thing missing was Uwe Boll saying something about how much hot sex is in the movie ^^

Ravenlock80

Oct 28, 2007
Time 'til Jack Thompson files suit against the filmmakers for "threatening" him by making a parody in which it is implied he commits suicide:

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Easykill said:
Better, definitely better. But why do we need Jack? He's gonna sue you guys, you realize that, don't you?
its the publicity that he creates. thats what they were implying.

on another note, well done, men. a quality and timely peice that combines two villains for a great video. the jokes dont overstay their welcome and at the same time leave just the right amount of time afterwards for them to be funny. also sound was well done. good job!

Soulfein

Dec 20, 2007
I found this funny because it deviated from the same old Jacky boy and Uwe Boll jokes. A golfers clap for you.

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
For me, no offense, but De-Rez is sorta losing its touch to me. I used to watch it all the way through, but ever since the mortal combat one, I now watch a minute, then go to something else. We need more humor and video game mockups!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Ok, this really is the best one yet, I'm also glad this wasn't just a "make fun of Jack by doing a bad impression of him" kind of thing, the premise of this one really was just brilliant.

Get a better looking AK though! That thing was tiny and looked like Fisher Price made it, unless that was the point (hence the 'shooting') - then I'm sorry. :(

btw how much Gum did stride give you for this?

Booze Zombie said:
Keep going guys, you're getting awesome, though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
What are you a fanboy? Try not to turn stuff into a "yahtzee vs. [whatever]" war, especially when you just spurt something out like that, seriously, what do you even mean by "got nothing on yahtzee." - is everyone at the escapist conspiring against him or something?

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
Genius! And now weekly! Excessive exclamation marks!!!

Booze Zombie said:
though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
Although your work is substantially better than that produced by my cat, the cat's cinematography skills in particular are very poor.

Note to Booze Zombie: You're comparing apples and oranges giant man eating mutant squid dude.

I have nothing more to say.

Sibren

May 13, 2008
So far I wasn't to impressed by De-Rez, that has changed now. Awesome movie, really well done. Keep this up!

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Ok, this really is the best one yet, I'm also glad this wasn't just a "make fun of Jack by doing a bad impression of him" kind of thing, the premise of this one really was just brilliant.

Get a better looking AK though! That thing was tiny and looked like Fisher Price made it, unless that was the point (hence the 'shooting') - then I'm sorry. :(

Booze Zombie said:
Keep going guys, you're getting awesome, though you still got nothing on Yahtzee.
What are you a fanboy? Try not to turn stuff into a "yahtzee vs. [whatever]" war, especially when you just spurt something out like that, seriously, what do you even mean by "got nothing on yahtzee." - is everyone at the escapist conspiring against him or something?
I complimented the de-rez team, but said they had nothing on Yahtzee, why did I do that? Let's review: They're both on the same website, they both focus on games and they both use humor.

Gee, could I be implying Yahtzee's funnier than them but that de-rez isn't rubbish at humor, either? Doh! I should have said that! Oh, wait...

Seriously, what the hell?

Where did I mention war or any form of competition?
Too many negative thoughts floating around in your head, perhaps?
A compensatory lifestyle of insults you thought once behind you, bouncing around inside that mind of yours, ready to resurface at the slightest nudge?

You got on my ass about my comment of them not being as funny as the site's main attraction, seriously.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Hmmm... Who'll sue first: Jack or Uwe? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

In short, great film thingy.

Now, I have to wait for ZP, while waiting for Unforgotten Realms to load and stuff. Thanks, Escapist!

Melaisis said:
Includes quotes which actually sound like stuff that Uwe Boll would say!
Entertainingly, the ending bit, starting at Michael Bay, was ACTUALLY SAID by Uwe Boll, as he was saying that he'd quit if a petition telling him to stop making horrible films got 1000000 signatures.

It's at around 300000 now, give or take a few 100000 or so.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
This was bloody brilliant, keep it up.

"They left me alone....in the dark....in the rain...with my movie"

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Booze Zombie said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:

Booze Zombie said:
I complimented the de-rez team, but said they had nothing on Yahtzee, why did I do that? Let's review: They're both on the same website, they both focus on games and they both use humor.

Gee, could I be implying Yahtzee's funnier than them but that de-rez isn't rubbish at humor, either? Doh! I should have said that! Oh, wait...

Seriously, what the hell?

Where did I mention war or any form of competition?
Too many negative thoughts floating around in your head, perhaps?
A compensatory lifestyle of insults you thought once behind you, bouncing around inside that mind of yours, ready to resurface at the slightest nudge?

You got on my ass about my comment of them not being as funny as the site's main attraction, seriously.
That was by far the biggest over-reaction I've seen on an internet forum - it's ok to assume things on the web, but you took it too far[/i], but seriously, look at all of what you typed, you really think I could get all that from your one vague sentence?