de-rez: Norman the Healer

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Most of the episodes I don't like still have a fucking great ending. This is one of them.

The rest just felt like "Praise the lord" *smack* but the bucket thing, brilliant.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Loved it. I thought it was one of the better De-Rez vids.

Of course, it's not the "humour" or the "games-ing" I appreciate; but I felt that through it, I could speak to God.

Friendly bloke, he is.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Is it me, or does this video remind me of a rush job where they threw something together to please the producers?

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
always funny to see geeks hit eachother, its like watching a cock fight....without cocks....

Faith Nomura

Dec 13, 2008
Slack's stuff's been pretty mellow for awhile.
I remember his early stuff was pretty inspired.
Didn't care too for the subject matter of this one
but it was pretty funny.(Especially the bucket)

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
I'm surprised there was no warnings at the end not to try this at home.

The question is, who in my close circle needs to see what Hell is like?

[Exit stage left, to buy a "Whacker and Bucket Set", on account of Jesus told me to do it. Praise the Lord!]

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Funny - the talk of treating gaming as an addiction has been in the news as of late. Kudos to you for leaping on the topic while it's hot!

The contrast between the soft-spoken character and the audacious "Praise tha Lawd! moments well played, but the use (or rather reuse) of the same bludgeoning-over-the-head gag did wear a touch thin. I suppose my biggest qualm was that this seemed to be a take at moral (specifically religious) alarmism towards gaming, rather than about the gamer clinic phenomenon in and of itself. It's not that that's necessarily a bad thing (who doesn't like skewering the Jack Thompson crazies), but this seemed carried some anti-religious overtones which may have off-put some viewers. A matter of taste really; I'd just got my expectations shaken up more than anything.

Overall, I liked this video. It's not your finest (I still say that Resident Evil was hard to top, although the Last Days of mr. SecuROM were pretty close) but it was worth the watch, ll things considered.