de-rez: Piracy

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
Man... I can't tell who exactly they're trying to cause laughs at.

It was great to see Chris back here, but I didn't like this particular video itself.

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
Of course you dont do De-rez for the money; you do it to keep all us snotty internet plebs quiet, dont you? ;)

That was really good, one of the most enjoyable De-rez

Reversed Insanity

Jun 4, 2008
You know I've learnt a lot from this one video. Gone are my days of drunken pirate busking. I will be a respectable pirate from now on.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Street entertainers can make like, 25k a year. I'd definitely throw some coins into your hat if I saw you guys doing that.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Is it just me, or has De-Rez gotten kinda lazy lately? It still had great moments, but nothing up to the usual quality., but it didn't have as mu
I agree with this. Some good bits, but the rest just seemed quite strained and an attempt to pad things out for time.

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd, a British sitcom... And they did it better too... Check it out!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82Lq2rVB_4

I am very disappointed that you would stoop so low De-Rez

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Chris obviously needed some extra cash so he thought he'd make some more de-rez after all this time.
k_rafftry said:
That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd, a British sitcom... And they did it better too... Check it out!!!

Why does everyone keep saying it's a copy from the IT crowd? The two piracy adverts have almost nothing in common! It's not like any one else has ever made fun of piracy adverts before either.

Ed_Winchester

Nov 20, 2007
k_rafftry said:

Although i have watched my fair share of IT crowd episodes i havent seen the episode containing this skit, i dont steal jokes.
Anyway this skit bares no resemblance to the one i made in this episode just because they are both about the same subject matter dosent make them the same sketch.

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
k_rafftry said:
That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd ...
Loved the 'rap song' (none IT Crowd), loved the 'men/girls joke' (none IT Crowd), loved the 'Fuck EA joke' (none IT Crowd), loved the pirate dance (none IT Crowd), etc - in fact IMO they have NO content/joke resemblence what so ever!! I can understand why Derez would be angry at such a suggestion !!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
4:34 "We're shutting you down" says Net Ninja
of course they can't hear it because they're DEAD!
jk lol, it was awesome

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
About time too, I was really jonesing for a fix! :)

That oh-so-special Pirate Dance has are so many moves in so many combinations, it looks like a toughie to learn. Any chance of a dance chart for it?

faselei

Jul 19, 2008
This was brilliant absolutely f'in brilliant you guys are so f'ing funny. Possibly the best one yet. You made me laugh so hard i had a coughing fit.

(Please get a BBC contract). (Honestly they'll put anything on BBC3).

Also, regarding IT crowd rip. Who cares? Plus anyone outside the UK/RI won't get the reference.

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
Ed_Winchester said:
k_rafftry said:

Although i have watched my fair share of IT crowd episodes i havent seen the episode containing this skit, i dont steal jokes.
Anyway this skit bares no resemblance to the one i made in this episode just because they are both about the same subject matter dosent make them the same sketch.
I didn't mean to offend, perhaps I was a bit happy go lucky there. I apologise for jumping to conclusions, and you should check out that episode on 4oD, it's called Moss and the German. Sorry again!