de-rez: Resident Evil 5 Debrief

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Entertaining for sure, and longer than the actual game to boot!

Okay, I exaggerate, as the game is actually slightly longer than the vid.

Goatlemon

Jan 15, 2009
Why did I wait so long to watch this; it was great!

Poor Redfield. He got the crazies something bad.

IamSARAhearMYgrr

Apr 24, 2009
The movies were awesome but didn't ever really follow the game's storyplot! But the game was, is, and will always be WONDERFULLY AMAZING!!!!!

Jun 11, 2008
Hmm i don't know whats happened to de-rez it used to very good then it kinda went down hill around "Guide to Cool" but there have been some good ones like "E3 trailers", "F*** Microsoft", "The Adventures of Videogame Man", "Team Fortress 2" and "Behind The Game:Valve".

It seems their best days are behind them "The Jack Thompson Movie", "News", "Searching For Gordon Freeman", "Resident Evil(first one)" and "The Truth About 3D Realms".

I know costumes aren't everything but what was used in those earlier episodes were nice and simple items but effective.
Also I feel as if there's a lack of characters in the series compared to older episodes.

I know Chris Slack is supposed to be the star but he could take a back seat sometimes like in some of the older ones like "The Jack Thompson Movie" or have more a sort of dual lead like in "Resident Evil(first one)".
I wish I know what happened as there has been a lack of character diversity that just keeps on getting worse.

The low budget aspect of "De-Rez" has always been part of what made it good but recently it has been taken to a whole new level which is very much unneeded.
So I say bring back more people and simple costumes!!!

Ah well I can only hope.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Glademaster said:
I know Chris Slack is supposed to be the star but he could take a back seat sometimes like in some of the older ones like "The Jack Thompson Movie" or have more a sort of dual lead like in "Resident Evil(first one)".
I wish I know what happened as there has been a lack of character diversity that just keeps on getting worse.

The low budget aspect of "De-Rez" has always been part of what made it good but recently it has been taken to a whole new level which is very much unneeded.
So I say bring back more people and simple costumes!!!

Ah well I can only hope.
I seem to remember Chris saying on the forum that most of the old cast members went off to university and such.

(a few minutes of searching later...)

Yeah, pretty much. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.71050.713908]

Speaking of de-rez, though... I was kinda getting used to the 'last Friday of the month' thing, but no new one yet? Sad face. That and the fact that it's more buried (no immediate link on the front page like there used to be) since the redesign makes me suspect the worst. Or maybe I'm just a paranoid tit. I dunno.

escapee

Feb 28, 2008
Glademaster" post="6.109382.2193312 said:
Hmm i don't know whats happened to de-rez it used to very good then it kinda went down hill around "Guide to Cool" but there have been some good ones like "E3 trailers", "F*** Microsoft", "The Adventures of Videogame Man", "Team Fortress 2" and "Behind The Game:Valve".

It seems their best days are behind them "The Jack Thompson Movie", "News", "Searching For Gordon Freeman", "Resident Evil(first one)" and "The Truth About 3D Realms".

/quote]

Hi Glademaster I feel I need to give you the answers you seem so desperate for.

My name is Darren Lee I worked with Chris and Phil McEwan (Jack Thompson) on the "best of" as you put it. I'm the cameraman in the original resident evil I also did the special effects and editing for the above.

Phil and I did not leave for university at present we have a few personal projects on the go as well as working on a UK television show called "skins".

I'd like to thank you for your comments and for watching the show while we worked on it I'm glad we could put a few smiles on a few faces while we were here.

I hope Russ doesn't mind me posting this but if you'd like to get a fix of Phil (Jack Thompson) we created a teaser for Channel 4 for a show we call Beer Bros.

http://www.vimeo.com/2900853

Again guys thanks for watching.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
escapee said:
Nice to hear from ya matey.

So... just to clarify: was that post meant to imply that de-rez as a whole is done (kinda like we've suspected for a while anyway) or just your involvement it it?

Either way, cheers for what you did, that little show provided a hell of a lot of laughs.

escapee

Feb 28, 2008
Both, someone asked to bring back the old cast which won't be happenining because of other commitments.

I haven't been speaking to Chris directly so this is unofficial but from what I hear is that the show is over though they could bring it back.

Maybe you guys should petition for a return :)

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Where has De-Rez gone?!? It just dawned on me that he no longer on the main video page // Come back De, we miss you *hug*

-M