de-rez: The Adventures of Videogame Man

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil post=6.75298.863948 said:
Break said:
sv93 post=6.75298.863143 said:
I'M FOX NEWS MAN, that was classic. I was waiting for Video Game Mans cousin to call and ask him to go bowling.
Now, I was just thinking that it could've done with a punchline, and this would've worked pretty well. It was a fairly good episode in general, but the ending was a little flat.
MISLEADING EDITING POTATO!
Well, yes, the finale was amazing. But it still ended abruptly.

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
Completely random, with some brilliant lines and great humour put in. Brilliant work guys. FREAKING hillarous :)

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Where the Hell did he get a Red turtle shell?... or, rather, where did he get a normal one that he dyed?

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil post=6.75298.863948 said:
Break said:
sv93 post=6.75298.863143 said:
I'M FOX NEWS MAN, that was classic. I was waiting for Video Game Mans cousin to call and ask him to go bowling.
Now, I was just thinking that it could've done with a punchline, and this would've worked pretty well. It was a fairly good episode in general, but the ending was a little flat.
MISLEADING EDITING POTATO!
Best damn potato there is!

Do you guys have any other guns but that AK. I think it's been in four movies now.

Feb 13, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
Do you guys have any other guns but that AK. I think it's been in four movies now.
I think getting guns into Eire/Northern Ireland is difficult for some reason. In Blighty, it's even worse.

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
Cool, it's not just my mum that talks like that then. I wouldn't mind so much but I'm 37! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

P.S. Where's Daniel 3?

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Fire Daemon said:
I think getting guns into Eire/Northern Ireland is difficult for some reason. In Blighty, it's even worse.
Toy guns are easy enough to get hold of here in Blighty, replicas also are abvailable if that is what floats your boat, but real guns, they require effort, form filling, visits from the police to assess your security and of course a legitimate reason for having a gun in the first place. (I think: "I have a farm and my livestock being attacked by wild beasties" = Good, "I want to scare kids amd old people" = Bad.)

Of course you can bypass all this by dealing drugs and using the money to buy 'equipment supplies' to defend your turf like anywhere else in the world.

Guns are just not part of the culture here, unlike in the US, we are not issued with a small caliber hand gun before the umbilical cord is cut and we leave the delivery room, followed by a bigger one each following birthday. :)

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
The whole showdown between FOXNEWS and Video Game (man) reminded me of this. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0kdm7fg804&feature=related]

Fox News really is pretty awful, I remember hearing someone call it the Fox 'Nuisance' network and I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. They may not have a potato or a spatula with super powers but they definitely have the power to control peoples minds through unfair and biased editing and selective reporting.

As for the episode, I loved it. Definitely made me laugh, and the potato made me LOL :p

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
Stupid. Awesome. The amount of sheerly random hilarity is something that I missed from the earlier videos, and you've captured it perfectly in this one. The ending was a little sudden, and lacking in punchline (the getting a call from his cousin thing would have been perfect), which is my only complaint. I laughed throughout, and the facial expression that Video Game Man had whilst driving was very amusing.

Misleading Editing Potato?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
milomalo said:
Mstrswrd said:
Where the Hell did he get a Red turtle shell?... or, rather, where did he get a normal one that he dyed?
it was a soccer ball XD
I was actually speaking more from the perspective of the guy who got hit in the face. However, I was curious, and so thank you for explaining that.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Mindless, bizzare, and off-the-wall! While not as witty as some of your other works, this episode make up for it with sheer balls to the wall weirdness and the absolute rabid enthusiasm of the titular character's actor. Quite a pleasant surprise

Fuuten

Sep 5, 2008
With the vast amount of material you could have pulled from the video game world I was sad that it wasn't a good bit longer. However, short length aside, it was funny as hell.