de-rez: The Final Days of the Man Responsible for SecuROM

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Well done! One of your best, although I still think Resident Evil was your crowning moment of awesome.

First, it's a novel joke which combines the absurd ( a worldwide gamer revolution) with the somewhat-less-absurd (a normal guy left to deal with a situation beyond his control). The whole Blair-witch thingy with the lone man and his camera was a great way to break up the segments and keep the plot flowing without being too jumpy or sporadic. The limited special effects(the sounds in the background of the mob) work well with the sense of isolation and oddball hilarity.

Even little inconsistancies like how he'd be able to buy shooters at McDonalds only add to the humour

Also - totally awesome punchline! I'm al for anything involving dice shoved up the ass of anything DRM-related!

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
This was especially funny for those of us who have seen the DVD extra of Dawn of the Dead, right on the spot this parody was. And this video was mighty informative to me about what a bunch of retarded monkeys EA is.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
WTF, i swear that was tesco scotch whiskey he was drinking! anyone want to debunk that? where was this filmed?

SHBird

Dec 13, 2008
This needs more comments, it was absolutely brilliant.

Chris Slack, you are the man.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I think this is my favorite de-rez episode ever, always cheers me up and makes me laugh.