de-rez: The GameLight Zone

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
Fantastically atmospheric - the music, story and black & white filming were 'out of this world' - literally!. Also good to see 'just a touch' of special effects in the intro. This was a real quality episode - loved it.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Strange, Brilliantly directed, creepily acted (at the same time very in depth), but I still didn't laugh.

However, I always knew Chris was a freak.

Edit - I told you GTA 4 was shit and evil.
Shit & evil?!
Well, you may be right about that.

The original Twilight Zone is funnier.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
We need door to door video game salesmen, especially ones who mysteriously disappear. Great episode by the way.

Jacques 2

Oct 8, 2007
maybe it's just me, but I didn't find it funny... I mean I understand it's a free web comedy, but it looks like it took no real effort to create, and it wasn't really funny to me. I laughed at the team fortress one, a little bit at the siege, but at this point, nope, not a chuckle.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Looking at this felt like reading Kafka. I presume the message is that Special Editions aren't worth it?

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
I'm not exactly sure what David's trying to do with his performance as Josephine, but I've come up with two theories:

1)It's a brilliantly irreverent comment on the shallow, cookie-cutter, one-dimensionality of supporting characters in anthology series like The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

2)He's just being weird, which is still borderline genius.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
"blajklfau2l;kajf9a0[ujpzlk....dead"

I have seen a man die before*, and that was the most accurate portrayal I've ever seen. Well done David.

*I have not seen a person die

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
I loved the twist with the Twilight Zone. Excellent portrayal, however I will admit the music seemed to be cut rather noticeably during the "Fight".

Either way, good work, guys. :)

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Jacques 2 said:
maybe it's just me, but I didn't find it funny... I mean I understand it's a free web comedy, but it looks like it took no real effort to create, and it wasn't really funny to me. I laughed at the team fortress one, a little bit at the siege, but at this point, nope, not a chuckle.
That's how I feel. I keep watching, hoping it'll actually get funny (hell, there's been maybe three great ones) one day.