Dead Island Publisher Tones Down Logo for North America

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
when the hell did we start toning things DOWN for america? arent we the country that feels the need to turn kirby into an angry fung fu master in our boxart? that turns all happy bright japanese boxart into a collage of the main characters all looking depressed? is video game localization just conspiring to ALWAYS give america the worst boxart?

yeah, i think thats it. i think when the concepts for boxart are looked at, its pretty much unspoken in marketing departments that the second best one is the one used for the american release.

cookieXkiller

Mar 7, 2010
As long as here in new zealand we dont get it censored im happy ... looks intresting to say the least
ot; its good they changed it but its only as bad as you think it is. Good call on changing it though.

Feb 13, 2008
Zenode said:
Ohhh you silly Americans taking offense to something so silly.
Not really. It would be as bad as a Zombie silhouette being guillotined in France, nailbombed in England, kneecapped in Ireland, or having it's hands amputated in Arabia.

Certain things don't sit well with certain cultures because of their past. Having a "shadow" man hanging from a tree doesn't work well in America. Don't make me have to spell it out why. (KKK)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
starwarsgeek said:
Hungry Donner said:
I mean why would you try to hang a zombie?
Maybe the hung someone after they were bitten, but before actual zombification?

OT: As long as they don't censor the actual game, I don't mind. I could see them getting some angry letters because some young kids saw it on the shelf...
Or maybe someone just killed himself and since his meat was just hanging there zombies went for a bite.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
That to be frank puts me off the game, it looked much more grim before the change.
[sub]In related news, the game of Hangman is being deemed to violent and mature for a game.[/sub]

Good thing I live in New Zealand!

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Zenode said:
Ohhh you silly Americans taking offense to something so silly.
Not really. It would be as bad as a Zombie silhouette being guillotined in France, nailbombed in England, kneecapped in Ireland, or having it's hands amputated in Arabia.

Certain things don't sit well with certain cultures because of their past. Having a "shadow" man hanging from a tree doesn't work well in America. Don't make me have to spell it out why. (KKK)
That's a rather good[sub]and deep[/sub]point as to why they may take offence.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
Are you serious? Look at the covers for the Saw movies and tell me those aren't worse than the silhouette of a man hanging from a tree. I seriously doubt that any reasonable person would get offended by the logo.