Dead Island: Riptide Names "Official" Zombie Couple

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Dead Island: Riptide Names "Official" Zombie Couple

Deep Silver has announced the winners of a zombie-themed wedding aimed at promoting Dead Island: Riptide.

Weddings are supposed to be days of unbridled happiness, celebrating the joining of two people in a permanent bond that lasts the length of their lives. There is fine wine, nice clothes, dancing, and in the case of Jennifer Jones and Rob Blackmore, an undead mariachi band. The couple, winners of a contest hosted by publisher Deep Silver, are being treated to a zombie-themed wedding to help promote the upcoming release of Dead Island: Riptide.

<a href=https://www.facebook.com/DeadIslandRiptideZombieWeddingUK>The contest began in January of this year and asked betrothed couples in the UK to send in video applications telling their stories and explaining why they should be the "official zombie bride and groom for Dead Island: Riptide." After several months and countless video submissions, Deep Silver selected Jones, 27, and Blackmore, 31, based on their "genuine love for each other, and enthusiasm for the Dead Island franchise." The couple was, naturally, excited to find out they had won. "We're big fans of Dead Island and the horror genre, and a zombie wedding is a dream come true for us," said Jones.

The wedding in question is scheduled to take place on April 26th, the European launch date for Dead Island: Riptide. Jones and Blackmore will both be zombified for the ceremony and Jones will also be driven to the wedding in a custom Dead Island: Riptide pickup truck. We personally might have gone with a Dead Island limo, seeing as it's a wedding and all, but perhaps that would have ruined the mood. In addition to hosting the wedding, Deep Silver will also be sending Jones and Blackmore on a Caribbean honeymoon.

At the end of the day this is all, of course, to help Deep Silver sell more copies of Dead Island: Riptide. Even so, it's hard to begrudge the company for turning a wedding into a promotional opportunity when it will likely make these two people very happy. In the least, this is a step up from trying to sell the game by <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121533-Deep-Silver-Apologizes-for-Mutilated-Dead-Island-Torso>including a busty mutilated torso.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Shit, that's actually pretty nice of them...

EDIT: Would the above be considered "low content" ? I don't really know how lenient these mods are.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Wedding AND a trip. How nice.

Sure it's shameless promotion but it's a pretty sweet price. Roughly the equivalent of what, 15-20k in cash had they actually gone ahead with the theme on their own?

And yes I'd rather have a zombie wedding promo than the disembodied tits statue.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Oh jeez. I don't know about you guys, but fuck, a zombie themed wedding is not my ideal flavor. Just...ugh, that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Congratulations to whatever couple is insane enough to say "hey, in the future, I want to look back and see that I was a shameless promotion for a video game that looked good but ended up being complete and utter shit", I guess.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
kortin said:
Oh jeez. I don't know about you guys, but fuck, a zombie themed wedding is not my ideal flavor. Just...ugh, that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Congratulations to whatever couple is insane enough to say "hey, in the future, I want to look back and see that I was a shameless promotion for a video game that looked good but ended up being complete and utter shit", I guess.
I completely agree. Why would you want to see your loved ones surrounded by a load of people dressed up in unpleasant zombie outfits? would your family and friends be zombies too?

Just a bit grim I don't really get it.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
verdant monkai said:
kortin said:
I completely agree. Why would you want to see your loved ones surrounded by a load of people dressed up in unpleasant zombie outfits? would your family and friends be zombies too?

To each his own. If the bride and groom are happy with it then that's good enough.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
SecondPrize said:
To each his own. If the bride and groom are happy with it then that's good enough.
No it is not. If their tastes do not coincide and adhere with my own it should not be allowed to happen. In all seriousness though they were probably weirdo's I know how judgmental that sounds but they had a zombie wedding for gods sake. Think of the little kids who have no idea what a zombie is then imagine what the conversation in the car would be like.

Child: Hey Dad what's a Zombie?
Parent: It's a rotting dead person who has come back to life to tear living people apart and eat them.
Child: .......

But yeah as long as they are happy I guess.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
verdant monkai said:
SecondPrize said:
No it is not. If their tastes do not coincide and adhere with my own it should not be allowed to happen. In all seriousness though they were probably weirdo's I know how judgmental that sounds but they had a zombie wedding for gods sake. Think of the little kids who have no idea what a zombie is then imagine what the conversation in the car would be like.

Child: Hey Dad what's a Zombie?
Parent: It's a rotting dead person who has come back to life to tear living people apart and eat them.
Child: .......

But yeah as long as they are happy I guess.
Well, yeah. You gotta be a weirdo to have zombie wedding.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Will their wedding cake just be a giant brain? A zombie head that they cut with an axe? Either way, they'll regret this at some point when they're older.

Valnyan

Jul 4, 2011
kailus13 said:
Will their wedding cake just be a giant brain? A zombie head that they cut with an axe? Either way, they'll regret this at some point when they're older.
Actually, they're doing this to make up for their torso fiasco. The couple will not have one but TWO cakes, one will be a bloodied ribcage with massive tits and the second will be a bikini clad lady rump.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
That is a cool wedding cake but i have to say only a zombie mariachi band? hy not have the couple be mobbed and prend eaten now that would be a true zombie wedding or have the bride, groom and guests be in full zed makeup for whole thing.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Valnyan said:
kailus13 said:
Actually, they're doing this to make up for their torso fiasco. The couple will not have one but TWO cakes, one will be a bloodied ribcage with massive tits and the second will be a bikini clad lady rump.
Do they still get to cut it with an axe? The more I think about it the more I think it would be awesome. Although cutting any cake with an axe would probably have the same effect.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
kailus13 said:
Valnyan said:
kailus13 said:
Do they still get to cut it with an axe? The more I think about it the more I think it would be awesome. Although cutting any cake with an axe would probably have the same effect.
Now I want to attack cake with an axe.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Jd_AX60byRQ/ToHuXIBCLZI/AAAAAAAACpc/2p3FJoc14Ng/s1600/Axe+Cake.jpg

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
kailus13 said:
Valnyan said:
kailus13 said:
Now I want to attack cake with an axe.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Jd_AX60byRQ/ToHuXIBCLZI/AAAAAAAACpc/2p3FJoc14Ng/s1600/Axe+Cake.jpg
I managed to find this one

A little too controlled for my tastes.

Jen

Apr 9, 2013
haha, as if we are going to regret our wedding.Yeah it's a publicity stunt, but who cares? we are getting an amazing and unique day, all expenses paid,a wedding that nobody else will ever forget. All our friends and family are getting into the spirit of things,and are all really excited. We were never going to have a 'traditional' wedding anyway. And yes, maybe we are 'weirdos', but weirdos who are getting an amazing all expenses paid wedding and caribbean honeymoon! :D

Disgruntledgrrl

Oct 4, 2008
verdant monkai said:
kortin said:

Well the bride likes to pose on beds of nails, beds of blades and breathes fire. She's really awesome and I'm quite happy for her. Check out VaudeVile UK on Facebook.
The family? They can shut it - they're getting freebie stuff, too. Who wants to welcome stuffy and unaccommodating people to a special occasion? Loosen up or NO CAKE FOR YOU!

That last line totally belongs on invitation stationary.