Dead Rising 4's Frank Rising DLC Turns You Into a Zombie

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dead Rising 4's Frank Rising DLC Turns You Into a Zombie

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1390/1390243.png
Frank Rising will see series hero Frank West turned into a zombie.

An upcoming story DLC for Dead Rising 4 will somewhat turn the franchise on its head, as it puts you in control of a playable zombie. Called Frank Rising, the DLC sees Frank West turned into a zombie, becoming one of the monsters he has been fighting off and on for the past decade.

Here's the official description:

Frank is infected and wanders the city beaten, bloody and driven only by a need to feast. When a former ally discovers him, he is written off as incurable. Luckily, he'll find help from an unlikely resource. As Frank begins to recover he'll need to race to find a permanent cure while developing all-new abilities and strength. Unfortunately, he can no longer eat food to stay alive and must feast on others to survive. As he is trying to save himself, Frank learns that several survivors he cares about are trapped in the city with him and he must rescue them - and himself - before the government closes his case file for good and wipes the city off the map.

It's certainly an interesting twist on the game!

Frank Rising is available as part of the game's season pass [https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Dead-Rising-4-Season-Pass/C4K2S46BZWSV], or as a stand-alone piece for $9.99 on April 4.

Source: Microsoft [http://news.xbox.com/2017/03/20/dead-rising-4-frank-rising/]

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
That reminds me, didn't Frank get infected in the first game? The Case West DLC (that's canon for some reason) showed he still needed the zombie medicine Chuck's daughter also needs. Was that ever mentioned in the new game? I know people don't exactly play for the story, but Capcom had it consistent until now.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Fuck Capcom. Making the ending a piece of paid DLC instead of part of the normal game is BS.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Igor-Rowan said:
That reminds me, didn't Frank get infected in the first game? The Case West DLC (that's canon for some reason) showed he still needed the zombie medicine Chuck's daughter also needs. Was that ever mentioned in the new game? I know people don't exactly play for the story, but Capcom had it consistent until now.
Case West is canon because it continues from the A Ending, which is usually the canon ending.
One idea of Case West was to reveal that more permanent cure can exist and might be given out between 3 and 4 to people (as it was still a thing in 3), just wasn't at that point because... it gives the people in question giving it out more money to just use the current Zombrex instead.
And he also needed the Zombrex in the non-canon Off the Record.