Deadpool Announces His Own Game at Comic-Con

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Deadpool Announces His Own Game at Comic-Con

Everyone's favorite mentally unstable mercenary will soon be getting a game of his own.

Marvel's most self-aware, least sane superhero has appeared in a handful of games, but only as a sideshow. Now it looks like that's about to change. Deadpool himself made a surprise appearance [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KxsEf3PEbw] at the Marvel Video Games panel during the San Diego Comic-Con, bursting in with megaphone in hand to make the announcement. High Moon Studios, the developer behind the latest three Transformers games, will be bringing the hero(?) to center stage sometime next year. And yes, there's precisely as much ultra-violence and one-liner cheesiness as you'd expect.

While details are sparse, a trailer (which Deadpool demanded be played twice) sheds some light on what we can expect from the sensibly named Deadpool. The video depicts the psychotic assassin shooting and slicing through scores of unlucky mooks with dual pistols and swords. Nolan North, who voiced Deadpool in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, will be returning to lend his voice to the Merc with a Mouth. Judging by the trailer, he'll be doing his best to bring Deadpool's trademark insanity to life.

Marvel isn't revealing any further information just yet. The game's exact genre is unknown, as are the platforms it'll be coming to, but Deadpool says he'll be in touch. And the word of a lunatic assassin is worth something ... right?

Source: Comics Alliance [http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/07/14/deadpool-video-game-marvel-panel-sdcc-2012/]

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Well at least they get that Deadpool is utterly nuts, aware of his fictional status, and very snarky.

Also was that last line a take that at his portrayal in said movie that screwed his character?

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Would probably be fun at first then you'd go strait to options and turn voice volume all the way down..

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im betting the game will end up part third-person shooter, part hack n' slash and part platformer.

And that said this is the first game in a long time from Activision that im optimistic for. And that took alot of reading over to make sure i meant it.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
tmande2nd said:
Well at least they get that Deadpool is utterly nuts, aware of his fictional status, and very snarky.

Also was that last line a take that at his portrayal in said movie that screwed his character?
Nah, they've got quite the history together.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
man i really hope this will be good!
cause right now itll be either awsome or lame either way you got my attention marvel...

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Looks great, cant wait to see some more info on this! Hopefully he wont be spouting the random phrases all the time though, I could see that getting pretty tiring after awhile.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
I wonder which bad-guys they'll use (those mooks look like either HYDRA or HAMMER types) and if it will include folks like Taskmaster and Bob.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Meh. It's going to end up being Duke Nukem Forever Part II. Excessive machismo with repetitive one liners and a game that isn't good enough to back any of it up.

That said, I really really want to be wrong about this not living up to everybody's high expectations.