Deadpool Put In Charge of Marketing Deadpool Game

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Deadpool Put In Charge of Marketing Deadpool Game

Deadpool announces that Deadpool writer Daniel Way will write the Deadpool game, possibly starring Deadpool.

Marvel Comics and Deadpool fans were very excited to see <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118488-Deadpool-Announces-His-Own-Game-at-Comic-Con>the Deadpool game trailer at Comic-Con, thanks in no small part to an accurate portrayal of the character consistent with Daniel Way's comic books. Featuring Deadpool's signature fourth wall breaking conversations with his split personalities, over-the-top violence, and Deadpool behaving like, well, Deadpool, the trailer assured comic book fans that the game would remain true to the original character. But Marvel and developer High Moon aren't stopping with Comic-Con's announcement; the team is "letting" Deadpool run their entire marketing campaign, including the official website, Deadpool's <a href=https://www.facebook.com/RealDeadpool>Facebook and <a href=https://twitter.com/RealDeadpoolTwitter pages, and even a Deadpool-inspired press release.

"I, Deadpool, 'hired' Peter Della Penna and his physically embarrassing team at High Moon Studios for two reasons," Deadpool's press release reads. "First, because of their close proximity to Mexico so I can get fresh, authentic chimichangas delivered daily ... Second, if High Moon can make an amazing game about big transforming robots look cool, then they can surely make me look amazing in a third-person action video game, from all angles (seriously Peter...my bottom is my good side, so don't screw this up)."

Keeping the tone of the game and marketing closely tied to the comic is no accident. Penna reveals later in the press release that Daniel Way has written the story for the game, bringing his signature Deadpool humor to the title. "We weren't actually planning on making a Deadpool game," said Penna. "But,Deadpool came by the studio one day, said he was taking over, and that if I didn't hire Marvel writer Daniel Way pronto and make the most amazing Deadpool video game, he'd break both of our arms and beat us to death with them. I have kids, so we're making the game."

Deadpool hasn't always been adapted as well as comic book fans would have liked. In games, Deadpool tends to appear as a minor antagonist against <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Shattered-Dimensions-Playstation-3/dp/B003ESHRL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1342816515&sr=1-1&keywords=spiderman+shattered+dimensions>other, more popular heroes. Much more out of character was an appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine with his mouth stitched shut, which kinda defeated the whole point of his "Merc With A Mouth" tagline. The announcement that Way is writing the story should lend itself well to proving that High Moon is finally making the game that Deadpool fans have always wanted to see.

Amazon currently lists the game's release date for December 31st, 2013, with <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Pool-Xbox-360/dp/B008LW4SBQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1342558827&sr=1-3&keywords=deadpool>pre-orders available now.

Source: Deadpoolgame.com

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I hope this is good, I really do. Along with Stephen Heck, it's one of the few roles Nolan North does that I enjoy.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Okay so the writing will probably be good. Of course that's only a small portion of what makes up the entire game so...

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Please don't try to remind me of X-Men Origins: Wolverine's take on Deadpool. I just can't get past how badly they threw Deadpool under the bus to make a Wolverine movie.

OT: A Deadpool game could be fun if they can capture the sense of humor that has worked so well in his comics.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Just don't make him as UNfunny as he was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2! He was funny in the first one though.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I'm really getting a kick out of this. Really curious to see how people will react/how it goes

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
So, after this he's gonna be in Street Fighter V, right?
You'd have to ask him that. If Deadpool deems it worthy of his presence then yes, he will be in Street Fighter V. If he feels he could wipe them all out with a well-placed attack then maybe he'll pass, or maybe he won't have that level of mercy...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
December 31, 2013: the one date that sounds almost too late to be true, with the title "Dead Pool"

Something tells me this is some kind of joke.

FantomOmega

Jun 14, 2012
Twilight_guy said:
Okay so the writing will probably be good. Of course that's only a small portion of what makes up the entire game so...
There's a BIG chance of the gameplay being crap! I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best

I wonder if the game should be based around the action fighting style of the devil may cry series....

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
There was a movie version of Deadpool?
No there wasn't.
No, there wasn't. At all
No there was not
Nope

In all honesty I'm getting my hopes up for once. I enjoyed Deadpool in Shattered Dimensions. He was really the only boss I liked in that game. And while Nolan North's voice is like nail on a chalk board sometimes, this is not one of them. Least of all because he also voiced Deadpool in animated versions, so I'm used to it in this context.

Savrill

Jun 5, 2009
I wonder if the game should be based around the action fighting style of the devil may cry series....
I am not well known with the character, but from what I understand, maybe a DMC/MaxPayne crossover (talking totally gameplay wise here) may be best suited for a comicbook character wielding 2 guns?

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Ghonzor said:
There was a movie version of Deadpool?
No there wasn't.
No, there wasn't. At all
No there was not
Nope

In all honesty I'm getting my hopes up for once. I enjoyed Deadpool in Shattered Dimensions. He was really the only boss I liked in that game. And while Nolan North's voice is like nail on a chalk board sometimes, this is not one of them. Least of all because he also voiced Deadpool in animated versions, so I'm used to it in this context.
Actually, there was. It does not behoove us to lie about it. Wolverine did happen.