Deadpool will be pansexual in his upcoming movie.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
So... dropping come critical thinking here; how is this going to factor into the movie?

I mean, from the cast list we got D-Piddy, Weasel, Al, usual gang.

Then we have Vanessa/Changeling who's basically Mystique because Liefeld is incapable of original thought, but she fills the role of Wade's girlfriend. So... the Pansexual thing is gonna be tricky to show unless they explicitly have her use her powers to switch.

Rest of the cast seem off limits since its like Killebrew, Francis and Colossus (which, again, ultimate version.)

I think it's a play, the only reason they're pushing it is to attract positive attention in the form of "Inclusive! They have representation!" which is a valid marketing tactic but I wouldn't get super hopeful that it's going to be a particularly good representation of Pan-sexuality. Unless they go with the 'Nessa route which is a possibility, otherwise I sort of doubt his sexuality will be particularly prevalent in the movie.

(... >.> my own opinion that pansexuality is still just bisexuality since trans people are either male or female depending on where they're at in terms of transitions and mental state is not relevant.)

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
To add to the bi/pan distinction debate, some people I know who ID as pan or prefer using the term do it because they dislike the 'bi' part and think it reinforces the gender binary.

Which I don't agree with but eh. I generally use the word 'bi' if I'mlabelling characters in my writing for example but it's not like I'm opposed to the term pansexual either.

Lot of people I know who ID as either consider them interchangeable, some do not.

I kinda dislike the definition of 'pan means you're attracted to trans people' though...
Another definition I hear is that bi means you like the genders differently, pan that your attraction is the same, but it's a definition that depends on the particular subculture.

I tend to consider the two things interchangeable at least if the person tells me nothing else. And which a person uses to describe themselves tells more about their background (and age possibly)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Most of what I've seen in the comics is Deadpool lusting after women, getting goofy crushes on men for humorous effect, and making inappropriate comments about just about everything.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Poster child for the social justice movement is a batshit insane sociopath...

Look, he's crazy. He'd probably fuck a blender.

I don't think we need a definition for that type of sexuality.

Oct 22, 2011
Haven't read any of DP(hehe) comics, but from what i've seen so far it'd only make sense for him wanting to bone any quirky character that's out there, regardless male or female.

So hey, if he wants to dick short chubby greek goat-men...

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
tf2godz said:
detractors: but this makes no sense for deadpool.

Me: HA Deadpool never makes sense, he's could be transgender and it would fit just as well.

so overall I'm fine with this.
I always thought it was the belief that you didn't attach gender to human beings at all

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
McMarbles said:
Knowing Deadpool, this could mean a sexual attraction to cookware.

Or Peter Pan.
My first reaction was this.

We are talking about deadpool here.
Even so, no issue with it being as the article says.
There's a lot of room in his scarred, broken heart but nothing and no one can take the place of Death and dearly departed Bea Arthur.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
inu-kun said:
I guess he had a had thing with Wolverine and Cable, though it was more of a joke and he seems to gravitate towards T&A... and death.

The news itself doesn't bother me but the smug "look how inclusive we are #INCLUSIVE"
So please tell me, how do you announce a character having a unique sexuality without being smug. Because if they had been subtle about it I'd bet hard money that half of the people currently criticizing them who criticize them for being too subtle and taking the coward's way out.

I don't really see what's so smug about "I want that quoted, pansexual Deadpool"

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
inu-kun said:
erttheking said:
inu-kun said:
I guess he had a had thing with Wolverine and Cable, though it was more of a joke and he seems to gravitate towards T&A... and death.

The news itself doesn't bother me but the smug "look how inclusive we are #INCLUSIVE"
So please tell me, how do you announce a character having a unique sexuality without being smug. Because if they had been subtle about it I'd bet hard money that half of the people currently criticizing them who criticize them for being too subtle and taking the coward's way out.

I don't really see what's so smug about "I want that quoted, pansexual Deadpool"
You just don't, announcing it doesn't serve any purpose, if it's in the film and people doesn't catch it it's the director's fault (heck, finding it necessary to announce it beforehand is pretty much putting a disclaimer "he likes man but it will only be implied".

Besides, like lesbians, bisexuality/pansexuality is pretty cowardly in itself, as unless involving actual romantic scene between man (again, likely not gonna happen) it will still be the "prettier love", either go full gay or don't go at all.

And "I want that quoted" is smug even before what comes next, as if it's a fucking revelation.
Then the filmaker also shouldn't have announced that Deadpool would be breaking the fourth wall. Except he did because
he wants people to know what kind of movie he's making and I fail to see what's so horrible about that. And it will only be implied? Sources.

Please tell me how anything other than a homosexual man is cowardly. Please. Tell me how in order to not be cowardly you need to limit yourself. Full gay? You've never heard of the Kinsley Scale have you?

https://schnippits.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/kinsey-scale.png?w=645&h=231

Sexuality is a hell of a lot more complicated than "check the boxes of the genitals you like" So saying that being anything other than full gay is cowardly is a slap in the face to the LGBT crowd and evidence that you knowledge on sexuality is rather lacking. And lesbians are the cowards way out only if you use them as eye candy. Contrary to popular belief, women who like over women are not accepted, they're just seen as eye candy and plenty of men still try to sleep with lesbians. There's a difference between accepting someone for who they are, and just thinking what they're doing is hot without giving it any respect. And this whole thing is based on you assuming there won't be any guy on guy love, and I remember you criticizing me for assuming that Metroid Federation Force would be shit. So are you allowed to make assumptions of works that haven't been released yet or not?

Well considering not many people know that Deadpool isn't supposed to be hetero, apparently it IS a fucking revelation.

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
erttheking said:
inu-kun said:
erttheking said:
inu-kun said:

You just don't, announcing it doesn't serve any purpose, if it's in the film and people doesn't catch it it's the director's fault (heck, finding it necessary to announce it beforehand is pretty much putting a disclaimer "he likes man but it will only be implied".

Besides, like lesbians, bisexuality/pansexuality is pretty cowardly in itself, as unless involving actual romantic scene between man (again, likely not gonna happen) it will still be the "prettier love", either go full gay or don't go at all.

And "I want that quoted" is smug even before what comes next, as if it's a fucking revelation.
Then the filmaker also shouldn't have announced that Deadpool would be breaking the fourth wall. Except he did because
he wants people to know what kind of movie he's making and I fail to see what's so horrible about that. And it will only be implied? Sources.

Please tell me how anything other than a homosexual man is cowardly. Please. Tell me how in order to not be cowardly you need to limit yourself. Full gay? You've never heard of the Kinsley Scale have you?

https://schnippits.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/kinsey-scale.png?w=645&h=231

Sexuality is a hell of a lot more complicated than "check the boxes of the genitals you like" So saying that being anything other than full gay is cowardly is a slap in the face to the LGBT crowd and evidence that you knowledge on sexuality is rather lacking. And lesbians are the cowards way out only if you use them as eye candy. Contrary to popular belief, women who like over women are not accepted, they're just seen as eye candy and plenty of men still try to sleep with lesbians. There's a difference between accepting someone for who they are, and just thinking what they're doing is hot without giving it any respect.

Well considering not many people know that Deadpool isn't supposed to be hetero, apparently it IS a fucking revelation.
Posters in this thread have by and large all recognized that Dead Pool, regardless of anything else, is out of his mind. I think it borders on irresponsible to assign a sexuality to Dead Pool at this point, given he's as likely to engage in a romantic affair with a woman as he is with her pocket protector. And I don't just mean sex, I mean Dead Pool's a romantic sort of crazy, and he'd woo that pocket protector bud, you better believe it.

Dead Pool isn't supposed to be 'sane'. His sexuality is no more stable then any other aspect of his personality. And it was redundant to announce that Dead Pool would be breaking the 4th wall, as surely as it was to assign a sexuality to a frankly chaotic madman. If the movie didn't have Dead Pool breaking the 4th wall it would be hit with the 'no true Dead Pool' lines, and rightly so. If Dead Pool's sexuality was in any way normal it would likely be confronted with a similar statement from his fans.

Frankly I'm a little surprised the LGBT community isn't complaining about this. They complained about the casting of a gay character as a villain in Sky Fall, suggesting it was meant to villainize homosexuals. Surely suggesting Dead Pool is anything sexual might be seen as similar effort given that yes, he's as likely to be incline to a romance with whoever as he is to be inclined towards a romance with whoever's kitchen appliances. After all Dead Pool is crazy as sure as the bad guy in Bond was a villain. So if one hints at villianizing the other should naturally speak to 'crazyfying.'

But of course it worked, everyone's talking about the upcoming Dead Pool movie and that's what studios and directors want. What I want is a finished product. I'm looking forward to this movie, regardless of redundant press drumming statements that ought to be implicit in the material itself.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Having pansexual/bisexual characters in media is cowardly? A pansexual/bisexual man in a relationship with a woman is basically straight? Please, continue. I don't think you're being biphobic enough.

I've said it before but you can't satisfy these people who seem to have a problem with queer people existing in media. If a character's sexuality isn't that important to the story then it's "tokenism" or some such nonsense and the creators are "just trying to appeal to people." If a character's sexuality is important to the plot or their character then it's "all about them being queer" and they "shove it down your throat." Not only that, all of a sudden you aren't interested at all because you don't want to consume stories about queer people where being queer is an important part of the story. If you adapt a character and change their sexuality making them queer they'll complain about it because it isn't true to the source material. If you adapt a queer character and have them still be queer, being the same sexuality as they are in the source material and being true to the source material, then as evidenced by this thread, they'll still fucking complain about it.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
inu-kun said:
Why not? I mean, Deadpool is not a new character who was invented for this movie. The confirmation is more for the fans and the general understanding, seeing as sexualities tend to be erased and everyone is assumed hetero. So the author pretty much said "Yeah, okay, this is official now, don't forget it; he's pansexual." The movie will be a two hour experience with, I guess, a plot that won't revolve around Deadpool trying to put it in a variety of people so you can't really have a visual confirmation. You could perhaps have an off-hand comment where he says that he's attracted to everyone regardless of gender or him outright saying "I'm pansexual," but I'm pretty sure this would be met with equal outrage as the confirmation is. Why did he say it? Why do we have to know his sexuality? Why is it confirmed? Why are we talking about it at all? And the ancient proverb: "Who cares?"

It all translates into: "I don't care about anything other than heterosexuality, please stop existing in media." You probably don't really think like this, but it's the implication behind the words you're saying.

What? Lesbians exist, right? So do bisexuals and pansexuals (let's also not forget asexuals). They deserve to be visible in media just as much as gay men and heterosexual people. As a matter of fact, for all the popularity of lesbians, they tend to be extremely fetishized, overly sexualized and stereotyped so I can't really say that their representation is really good or that it helps the lesbian community. And yes, romance between two men still carries more stigma, but that's not the reason to only ever have gay men represent the entire LGBT spectrum. Also, when a bisexual man is in a relationship with a man, he's still bisexual. It would be nice if mainstream media dared include more direct visual presentations of gay men, but let's not run over the rest of the LGBT population for the sake of it. So yes, more gay men would be nice, but let's not shit on every other LGBT issue as if lesbians and bisexuals are personally stealing the spotlight away from them and that creators are "cowards."

Also, please. The confirmation came because a fan asked the author on Twitter. It wasn't "announced" or stuffed in our faces. A fan asked. The author replied.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Ah, so he's into boning everything like Zeus.
Because literally, put something in front of the guy that 'appears' attractive and Zeus will try to put his dick in it.
Don't forget that Zeus has a womb in his penis and that he would birth gods and demigods out of his urethra... Dammit DeviantArt, where's my scene where Deadpool is birthing the spawn of him and Spider-Man through his pee hole? Disappointed in them for not having that.
http://mpregdeadpool.tumblr.com/

This took much longer than I expected. I am a hero.