Dear Escapists: Recommend me a show!

Stein Inge

Jun 9, 2009
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Band of Brothers.

It is the best show I can possibly recommend.

The stroy of some of the bravest en of WW2.

Heres a Trailer if your interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ehwsOL04og&feature=related
Seen it. It is great. Don´t know why it wasn´t on my list... oh well.

Didn´t care for The Pacific, though!

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Have you seen Trailer Park Boys? It's probably the best show ever made and JIM LAHEY IS A FUCKING DRUNK!!!

But seriously this is a great show and it's full of very memorable characters and lots of laughs. This is the best i can recommend, my handsome Julian Patrick Swayzy, you were so fucking sexy in Road House, fucking dirty dancin'!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I was gonna suggest Breaking Bad, and that's really the only show I regularly watch. However, people I know tell me the cancelled show Jericho was excellent. You can probably find the episodes somewhere

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
Phoenix09215 said:
Comedy- The Big Bang Theory... its hilarious! Theres not one person I know who doesn't like it!
I don't. I really really don't. It's like a much unfunnier version of the IT crowd to me.

OT: Dexter is pretty good, up till the end of season 2 anyway, I didn't really like season 3.
If you're willing to try anime, then I'd also heartily recommend Full Metal Alchemist, which is my favourite show ever.

Edit: Frick, I just realised you said Dexter in the op. Disregard that then, just watch FMA!
Haha! I'm the opposite! I personally hate the IT Crowd :S And have always thought TBBT was waaayyy better!

I agree with Dexter though... until you said it gets worse after series 2. FOr me its improved every season, which is why I love it so much!

clairedelune

Oct 9, 2006
Outright Villainy said:
Phoenix09215 said:
Comedy- The Big Bang Theory... its hilarious! Theres not one person I know who doesn't like it!
I don't. I really really don't. It's like a much unfunnier version of the IT crowd to me.

OT: Dexter is pretty good, up till the end of season 2 anyway, I didn't really like season 3.
If you're willing to try anime, then I'd also heartily recommend Full Metal Alchemist, which is my favourite show ever.

Edit: Frick, I just realised you said Dexter in the op. Disregard that then, just watch FMA!
Season 3 wasn't good, but season 4 is AMAZING.

OT: The only show i've seen that you have listed is Dexter, and there really is nothing like Dexter. I personally love skins, californication, the older scrubs seasons, entourage, 30 rock, and community. Actually if i would recommend any show, it's community. So funny.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Robin Hood, by which I mean the latest version to appear on BBC/BBCA.
If you can stomach the occasional spot of hammy writing and an anachronism here and there, it's a pretty great show. Particularly good if you have a healthy appreciation for the Robin Hood folk tales and how they relate to the Crusades.

And yes, it's way better than that awful Russel Crowe movie.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Is Arrested Development a sitocm? It has an over-arching plot, but I think it still technically is...but you should still watch it.

Oh, and Lost is VERY good, but the ending is a bit of a disappointment. Also, I saw someone say Sons of Anarchy, and I agree completely. Ron Perlman as a badass biker and Katey Sagal is his biker wife? Sign me up.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
I was going to say The Wire :p buuuuuuut second choice along similar lines i'd have to recommend

SONS OF ANARCHY, great show about a biker gang that has a similar storyline as early stringer bell and barksdale.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
If your looking for comedy and are literally not offended by anything, Drawn Together is for you =D.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Stein Inge said:
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Band of Brothers.

It is the best show I can possibly recommend.

The stroy of some of the bravest en of WW2.

Heres a Trailer if your interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ehwsOL04og&feature=related
Seen it. It is great. Don´t know why it wasn´t on my list... oh well.

Didn´t care for The Pacific, though!
Agreed, Pacific had none of the character development and just felt like it was pieced together at the last minute.

ggesh

Aug 25, 2010
Watch gurren laggan and evangelion.
one piece and death note are nothing compared to these two animes. i made a account just to tell you to watch these shows so watch them sir.
Becareful on evangelion tho it fucks with your head.
Out of the two gurren laggan is the best anime, its also the best i will ever see.

Others animes you might like are fairy tail, and bleach

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
I love 24. Sue me, I don't care. For an on the spot anime recommendation... Black Lagoon.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Hateren47 said:
Have you seen Trailer Park Boys? It's probably the best show ever made and JIM LAHEY IS A FUCKING DRUNK!!!

But seriously this is a great show and it's full of very memorable characters and lots of laughs. This is the best i can recommend, my handsome Julian Patrick Swayzy, you were so fucking sexy in Road House, fucking dirty dancin'!
What about RAAAAAVEEEEEEEEN!!!!! OMG I love that show, it showcases what it means to be white trash in Canada so well. Quick question: are you from Canada or somewhere else? It seems like more and more people from outside Canada are getting into and loving that show. For example, there's a New York City based band called "Worst Case Ontario". JP Tremblay is an acting genius IMO, also. You need to be brilliant to consistently act so damned stupid. It's literally on every day on my cable provider. Literally. Every day. Two episodes.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
LOST is honestly the best show that I know. It has this way of letting you know whats going on without actually telling you, so it lets you figure out everything with the evidence given. Well, not everything, but the interesting stuff is the stuff you have to piece together by yourself at first.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Cowboy Bebop - Best anime I've ever seen (26 episodes and a movie)

Bottom - Hilarious British comedy about a pair of perverts, and it's only 18 episodes!

Columbo - excellent detective show from the 70's with hundreds of episodes to choose from

and if you like miniseries, try Jesus of Nazareth. Yeah, yeah, I get it, it's religious, but its easily the best Christian show there is, and the cast is incredible.

Stein Inge

Jun 9, 2009
ggesh said:
Watch gurren laggan and evangelion.
one piece and death note are nothing compared to these two animes. i made a account just to tell you to watch these shows so watch them sir.
Becareful on evangelion tho it fucks with your head.
Out of the two gurren laggan is the best anime, its also the best i will ever see.

Others animes you might like are fairy tail, and bleach
Well, I pretty much have to now!
I´ve just started on Code Geass but I can multitask!

I kinda like the first story-arc of Bleach but after that it nosedived...

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
monstersquad said:
Hateren47 said:

What about RAAAAAVEEEEEEEEN!!!!! OMG I love that show, it showcases what it means to be white trash in Canada so well. Quick question: are you from Canada or somewhere else? It seems like more and more people from outside Canada are getting into and loving that show. For example, there's a New York City based band called "Worst Case Ontario". JP Tremblay is an acting genius IMO, also. You need to be brilliant to consistently act so damned stupid. It's literally on every day on my cable provider. Literally. Every day. Two episodes.
I'm from Denmark but I love this show knowamsi-amsi-awrrri-amsayin'? They aired it twice here but now I have to go "through other channels" to see it, knowamsaying?