Dear Escapists: Recommend me a show!

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
BURN NOTICE. it's great

THE A-TEAM. you can find every episode on HULU

SCRUBS. der

DORA THE EXPLORER. we all hate it, it's boring, but it keeps kids occupied thus making it a genius invention.

WAREHOUSE 13. IT'S GREAT

STAR WARS. if you cut up each movie into 18-21 minutes sections, you can watch it like a show :3

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
Star Trek Enterprise. But only Season 1 2 and 4. Give it a chance. Its actually quite good.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Tiny116 said:
Warehouse 13 If you'll like eureka you'll find this a good contrast
I love you :D

I'm a big fan of Warehouse 13 myself and it's always glad to see fellow fans of it. I've seen a little of Eureka too, it's not bad but personally I rather like that "Haven" show that comes on after it.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Is Arrested Development a sitocm? It has an over-arching plot, but I think it still technically is...but you should still watch it.

Oh, and Lost is VERY good, but the ending is a bit of a disappointment. Also, I saw someone say Sons of Anarchy, and I agree completely. Ron Perlman as a badass biker and Katey Sagal is his biker wife? Sign me up.
Katey Sagal, as in, Turanga Leela?

I NEED TO SEE THIS.

Hawaiigm

Apr 11, 2008
Leverage, if it hasn't already been recommended. Best modern day Robin Hood adaptation ever.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Go for Supernatural!!!
also:
Dexter
FBI Criminal Minds
The A team (the series, the movie was great thou ^^)

I read manga instead of watching anime so I can't recommend too much on that point.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Either Scrubs (series 1-8), the Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, South Park or Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Those are my favourite shows.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Generation Kill pretty much. Plus it has Alexander Skarsgard as a main character, aka Eric Northman from True Blood which you mentioned.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Jim From Accounting said:
look up I.T. crowd it's freaking epic
This. After LOST ended, this is my favorite show of all time (tied with The Simpsons, which I still watch even during its twilight years). British humor beats American humor in so many levels.

Stein Inge

Jun 9, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations people!

Now let me make one of my own: Sherlock

Watched the first episode at a friends and I loved it!
A great modernization of one of my favorite book-series by Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss, both of whom has worked on Dr. Who, and Gatiss from the brilliant League of Gentlemen

The guy who plays Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) does a great job (better than Downey Jr. IMO) and and Martin Freeman matches him perfectly as Dr. Watson.

Run and See, people!

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
dalek sec said:
Tiny116 said:
Warehouse 13 If you'll like eureka you'll find this a good contrast
I love you :D

I'm a big fan of Warehouse 13 myself and it's always glad to see fellow fans of it. I've seen a little of Eureka too, it's not bad but personally I rather like that "Haven" show that comes on after it.
Yay I'm loved! *Dances*

I think I prefer warehouse 13 as well. What's Haven about?

OOHHH and Sherlock!
It's only 3 episodes long but bloody brilliant. Stephen Moffat Is a GENIUS

RandyPants

Jul 9, 2010
cursedseishi said:
RandyPants said:
Fringe
Supernatural
Firefly and Serenity of course
Castle (Nathan Fillion is pure awesomeness)
Chuck
White Collar - good old caper/heist show
Lie To Me
How I Met Your Mother

... :)
Supernatural is a damn good show, got the first 4 seasons on DvD, 5th hasn't been released to dvd yet, but at least season 6 starts up in september from what I heard.

Adding to that.
Burn Notice, House M.D., Psyche, and if you liked Death Note I'd suggest Code Geass. Outlaw Star would be another good anime if you find it.

and Tiny, your avatar reminded me of GunXSword, which was also good.
Yep, the sixth starts in 20 days or so, from memory, so stoked, can't wait. xD Gonna be so badass. xD
Why? Well, for starters, there's an ep called "Live Free or Twihard" and if anyone can spoof Twilight, the Supernatural chaps can. xD

Also, The Mentalist.